none
Trying to set Group Policy Preference but F6 isn't working.

Question

• I'm trying to set all my domain PC to military time but when I try to use F6 to mark those elements green to deploy to the users nothing is happening. Any suggestions?

Friday, January 15, 2016 1:57 PM

Answers

• Try F5 to enable all items on the tab and disabled unwanted elements with F7?

Odd issues to be honest, if you are logged in to terminal, try logging in remotely or vice versa?

Use a keyboard that doesn't have alternate functions for the function keys or make sure the alternate function isn't stuck on.(IE mine has Mode +F2-F4 for launch Word Excel PPT.)

F5

Enable all settings on the current tab.

F6

Enable the currently selected setting.

F7

Disable the currently selected setting.

F8

Disable all settings on the current tab.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754020
    Friday, January 15, 2016 2:59 PM

All replies

• > I'm trying to set all my domain PC to military time but when I try to
    > use F6 to mark those elements green to deploy to the users nothing is
    > happening. Any suggestions?

What exactly are you trying to do? Screen shots would be really helpful :)

Friday, January 15, 2016 2:06 PM
  • I tried to post a picture but it says I can't because my account isn't verified. 

I'm going into Group Policy User Config>Preferences>Control Panel Settings>Regional Options>Time

Then setting the time and trying to hit F6.

Friday, January 15, 2016 2:28 PM
  • cShaft1 - 

Thank you for using Technet, what version of windows server are you using? As, to my recollection F6 is not part of any process to approve/push group policy. 

In the GPO editor you create your GPO and assign it to an OU, Edit the group policy, once the changes are made in the GPO editor, just close the GPO editor and ensure the GPO is targeted to the correct groups and enabled for User and Computer. 

Friday, January 15, 2016 2:39 PM
  • We are using 2008R2. Here is what I found to lead me to trying to set it with the F6.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/eb57697b-490a-4b7e-b1f3-58274d8ce45c/how-do-i-set-military-time-as-the-default-for-all-users-through-group-policy?forum=winserverGP

Friday, January 15, 2016 2:44 PM
  • Try F5 to enable all items on the tab and disabled unwanted elements with F7?

Odd issues to be honest, if you are logged in to terminal, try logging in remotely or vice versa?

Use a keyboard that doesn't have alternate functions for the function keys or make sure the alternate function isn't stuck on.(IE mine has Mode +F2-F4 for launch Word Excel PPT.)

F5

Enable all settings on the current tab.

F6

Enable the currently selected setting.

F7

Disable the currently selected setting.

F8

Disable all settings on the current tab.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754020
    Friday, January 15, 2016 2:59 PM
  • Thanks it was just my F lock key on my "new" multi function keyboard.

Friday, January 15, 2016 4:46 PM
  • Glad to help, best of luck with your rollout.
    Friday, January 15, 2016 5:32 PM