none
Excel 2016 Get & Transform, problem connecting to Teradata database RRS feed

• Question

• I recently was migrated to Excel 2016, coming from Excel 2010. Using PowerPivot in Excel 2010 you could connect to Teradata, and there was an option to set the authentication mechanism to 'LDAP' for users that need to use LDAP authentication.

In the "New Query" part of the Get & Transform section, I have tried to connect to my Teradata database (which I was able to successfully connect to using PowerPivot 2010) using both "From Teradata Database" option and the "From ODBC" option and neither will work since I cannot specify LDAP as the authentication method.

If I use the username and password I use to connect to the database through other tools (like Teradata's SQL Assistant), I get the following error: "We couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided. Please try again."

How am I supposed to connect to Teradata data sources that require LDAP authentication?

This is cross posted from the "Excel IT Pro Discussions" forum, at the recommendation of a responder there. Thanks.

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 9:09 PM

Answers

All replies