none
EXCHANGE 2003 after AD Crashed....HELPPPPP!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• I have an EXCHANGE Server 2003 that was being used on a AD Server that held PDC and FSMO roles. AD Crashed.....hard. After 2 days of attempting/failing every way of rebuilding the original AD, I was forced to build new AD and EXCHANGE 2010. The 2003 EXCHANGE is still on the server and was removed from the Domain and DCPROMO /force from AD.

My problem is, I cannot get access to the original D Mailboxes or data base to retrieve mail to export. I have only been here on this domain for 2 months and no EXCHANGE backups were used.

Is there anyway to recover those mail boxes to retrieve old messages?

Duggan

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 8:42 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the input. I was able to get the Server at least to startup but, with the new AD, EXCHANGE could not restarted. The work around was to open and copy the .EDB files to another location. I tested several 3rd party  .EDB Recovery Tools. I was able to retrieve each users Mailbox AND the Public folders

I had to purchase a copy of STELLAR PHOENIX EXCHANGE RECOVERY. I cost a few bucks but, was well worth the coin to get the mail archive back to my end users.

Thanks again,

Duggan

• Marked as answer by Duggan59 Monday, July 20, 2015 5:38 PM
    Monday, July 20, 2015 5:38 PM

All replies

• See if this helps

http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2003/high-availability-recovery/Recovering-Failed-Exchange-2003-Member-Server-Using-Disaster-Recovery-Switch.html

Blog: http://theinfraguys.com

Follow me at Facebook The Infra Guys Facebook Page

Join the Singapore System Center Admin Group SG System Center Admin Group

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you in anyway

Thursday, June 11, 2015 4:40 AM
  • Hello,

If the AD cannot be restored, Exchange cannot be recovered.

Thanks,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, June 11, 2015 9:10 AM
  • Thanks for the input. I was able to get the Server at least to startup but, with the new AD, EXCHANGE could not restarted. The work around was to open and copy the .EDB files to another location. I tested several 3rd party  .EDB Recovery Tools. I was able to retrieve each users Mailbox AND the Public folders

I had to purchase a copy of STELLAR PHOENIX EXCHANGE RECOVERY. I cost a few bucks but, was well worth the coin to get the mail archive back to my end users.

Thanks again,

Duggan

• Marked as answer by Duggan59 Monday, July 20, 2015 5:38 PM
    Monday, July 20, 2015 5:38 PM