Remove content type from new item menu! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a list (backuprequest) that has 2 contect types (the new form and backuppage2),
    However if you go to list and click on the down arrow next to the creat NEW i can also see the second content type.

How can I hide this?

Regards

Alan
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:31 PM

Answers

• Go to the List Settings page. Click on "Advanced Settings". Select the radio button that says you can manage content types, then save. When you're back on the List Settings page, you'll now see your content types listed. Underneath that listing, you can see a link that says "Change new button order and default content type". When you click on that link, it will take you to a page where you can check or uncheck a checkbox, indicating if you want the content type to be available on that "New" menu or not. You can also select the order in which the content types show up in the New menu.
    Visit my blog at blog.beckybertram.com or follow me on Twitter: @beckybertram
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:39 PM
  • If you use UI go to List Settings. There is a section where you can set content types to be shown in the "New" button and the order of them (Content Type management has to be obviously activated).

If you want to do it by code:

list.ContentTypes["ContentTypeName"].Hidden = true;
    list.ContentTypes["ContentTypeName"].Update();

Hope that helps
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:47 PM

All replies

• Go to the List Settings page. Click on "Advanced Settings". Select the radio button that says you can manage content types, then save. When you're back on the List Settings page, you'll now see your content types listed. Underneath that listing, you can see a link that says "Change new button order and default content type". When you click on that link, it will take you to a page where you can check or uncheck a checkbox, indicating if you want the content type to be available on that "New" menu or not. You can also select the order in which the content types show up in the New menu.
    Visit my blog at blog.beckybertram.com or follow me on Twitter: @beckybertram
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:39 PM
  • If you use UI go to List Settings. There is a section where you can set content types to be shown in the "New" button and the order of them (Content Type management has to be obviously activated).

If you want to do it by code:

list.ContentTypes["ContentTypeName"].Hidden = true;
    list.ContentTypes["ContentTypeName"].Update();

Hope that helps
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:47 PM