none
Bypass UAC or allow UAC RRS feed

• Question

• We have an application that needs update every few days and it opens a UAC which asks for admin user and password

We want to bypass it or exclude it for that application. Kindly assist.

Thanks & Regards Ramandeep Singh

Monday, November 18, 2019 9:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your question.

Please follow the steps below to disable uac for the specific program.

1. For Windows 10 please download this program:

https://docs.microsoft.com/zh-tw/windows-hardware/get-started/adk-install

2. Please install “Application Compatibility Tools”. 

2018-02-07_15h58_00.png3. In the Start menu find the shortcut Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0\Compatibility Administrator. Right click it and click Run as administrator. In the left hand pane, right-click on the database under Custom Databases and select Create New, and select Application Fix.

4. Enter the name and other details of the application you want to alter behavior on and then browse to it to select it. Click Next.

选择要修复的可执行文件

5. Skip the next window (Compatibility Mode) of the configuration wizard by pressing Next. In the Compatibility Fixes window, check the option RunAsInvoker.

RunAsInvoker option

6. In the Matching Information dialog, you can specify which application parameters should be checked (version, checksum, size, etc.). I left the COMPANY_NAME, PRODUCT_NAME and ORIGINAL_FILENAME options checked to avoid the recreation of the compatibility patch file after the next Windows 10 update.

executable file Matching Information

7. Select File -> Save As. Save the file as a filename.SDB type file in a directory you will easily find it.

8. Now you only have to apply the compatibility fix package to our application. You can do it either from the Compatibility Administrator console (choosing Install in the menu) or from the command prompt.

intall compatibility sdb file

9. To do it, run elevated command prompt and execute the following command:

sdbinst -q c:\ps\regedit.sdb

More information, please refer the link below:

http://woshub.com/how-to-disable-uac-for-specific-applications/

How to Create Elevated App Shortcut without UAC Prompt in Windows 10

Best regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:08 AM
  • Hi

I followed this but the program still asks for update every time even though it doesn't give me a UAC.

Actually this program opens another program to update (the other program cannot be run individually but will be run by this program)

Thanks & Regards Ramandeep Singh

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 1:20 AM
  • Sorry, can you give me some screenshot for better help.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 6, 2019 7:30 AM