Error: 0x80071A90. Problems with Hyper V Configuration (for virtual machine, Windows Phone). RRS feed

• Question

• Hi dear comunity.

I go to work with Visual Studio 2013 for the creation Windows Phone apps. When I installed the Visual Studio, the setup told me that I need install or configure to Hyper-V. I followed all the steps for that. Control Panel -> Programs ->Turn Windows features on or off -> Check all Hyper V components -> and OK. And then this error appear: Error: 0x80071A90.

Somebody can help me with this problem. I want to work very soon with Windows Phone Apps for my institute.

Thanks  for all :)
    Sunday, August 30, 2015 8:05 PM

Answers

• are you using an anti virus software? try to disable it if so.

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

• Marked as answer by John Matri Thursday, September 3, 2015 12:22 PM
    Monday, August 31, 2015 7:20 AM

All replies

• Hello John,

Since this issue is related with hyper-v configuration, I would help move it to the hyper-v forum.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 31, 2015 5:54 AM
  • are you using an anti virus software? try to disable it if so.

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

• Marked as answer by John Matri Thursday, September 3, 2015 12:22 PM
    Monday, August 31, 2015 7:20 AM
  • You must be running Windows 8.1 Pro or Enterprise ,  64-bit.

Your hardware must support virtualization, data execution prevention, and SLAT / EPT.  And these features must be enabled in the BIOS and a cold boot performed.

Brian Ehlert
    http://ITProctology.blogspot.com
    Learn. Apply. Repeat.

Monday, August 31, 2015 3:40 PM
  • This error is not specific to Hyper V component.

I have the same error in Windows 10 when I try to activate the Legacy Component / Direct Play in the same menu

Control Panel -> Programs ->Turn Windows features on or off

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 9:31 PM
  • did you turn them on in system admin tools services
    Sunday, March 20, 2016 9:37 PM