none
Where to find the timeout setting for connecting to SAP Bi Universe in Power Query for Excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to connect a SAP BI Universe. I am able to login to the environment and get the list of folders. But on trying to use the universe inside the folder, I am getting a time out error. The time out happens exactly at 100 seconds always.

DataSource.Error: SapBusinessObjects: The operation has timed out

Can you let me know if any setting can be done to avoid this timeout and get the universe into power query?

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 11:17 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Are you using the latest version of Power Query? We had this issue with SAP BI universes and it is supposed to be fixed.

If you are still seeing this after updating, please use the built-in feedback feature to send us an email as we'll need product traces to determine why this error is happening.

Thanks,
    Tristan

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 6:58 PM
  • I have the same problem with Version: 2.17.3850.242. It times out after 100 seconds. 

In addition, I couldn't report it by sending a frown. Get the following error message

Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

• Edited by PS12345678 Wednesday, December 3, 2014 3:38 PM
    Wednesday, December 3, 2014 3:35 PM
  • Hi,

If you're still getting this with 2.17, then it's probably a bug in Power Query.

In the editor, is there a URL in the error details?

If so, what URL do you see?

Thanks,
    Tristan

Thursday, December 4, 2014 1:06 AM