Netgear FA310TX Compatibility RRS feed

• Question

• Are there any drivers out there that will work for the Netgear FA310TX in Vista RC1? This is my only adapter currently and would like to keep from buying a new one just yet.
    Sunday, September 17, 2006 11:24 PM

Answers

• I've just tried the version 4.02 driver set from netgear's web page. They don't seem to be explicitly XP drivers, but they do work fine in XP and 2000. They are not accepted by Vista RC1. It identifies correctly but complains with:
    "The required line was not found in the INF."
    It would be nice if it said which required line, but that is all it says. So... which exact version of the drivers do you have or what dod you hack in the inf file to get it to work?

;)
    BTW, my vista install is a clean install, not an upgrade.

Edit: update, OK, I found after more net searching that someone (suspect the above) fixed this same issue but for 2003 server. See here:
    http://www.computing.net/windows2003/wwwboard/forum/92.html

essentially it seems that there was a MS version of the driver more recent than what is on the netgear site. This can be dragged accross to 2003, and it seems Vista also. Enjoy!
    Saturday, November 18, 2006 7:46 AM

All replies

• Well i got a Netgear FA310TX and i just am using the Windows XP drivers and i am having no problem whatsoever.
    Wednesday, September 20, 2006 4:00 PM
  • Couldn't get mine to work either. I downloaded the most current drivers from Netgear, but Vista rejected them. Had to use a newer Realtek NIC, which installed  from native drivers in Vista
    Thursday, September 28, 2006 3:48 AM
  • I've just tried the version 4.02 driver set from netgear's web page. They don't seem to be explicitly XP drivers, but they do work fine in XP and 2000. They are not accepted by Vista RC1. It identifies correctly but complains with:
    "The required line was not found in the INF."
    It would be nice if it said which required line, but that is all it says. So... which exact version of the drivers do you have or what dod you hack in the inf file to get it to work?

;)
    BTW, my vista install is a clean install, not an upgrade.

Edit: update, OK, I found after more net searching that someone (suspect the above) fixed this same issue but for 2003 server. See here:
    http://www.computing.net/windows2003/wwwboard/forum/92.html

essentially it seems that there was a MS version of the driver more recent than what is on the netgear site. This can be dragged accross to 2003, and it seems Vista also. Enjoy!
    Saturday, November 18, 2006 7:46 AM
  • Can somone share the MS version of this? I dont have a an XP installation anymore, and cant do some of the steps.

Plz dont let W A R E Z rule the rapid share community, share it....

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 3:19 AM