none
Central Store Question

Question

• Hi,

I was trying to create a central store \\FQDN\sysvol\fqdn\policies\PolicyDefinition.

I copied all the files from c:\windows\policydefinition and also added the ADMX files from windows 10 Group polic ADMX files with the language files.

When i open the GPMC is still refering to the Local Store and not the central store.

How can i make the GPMC to start pointing to the new central store.

Thanks,

JW

Jack Wills - Group Policy / Powershell / MDT

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 3:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Jack,

The root folder of the Central Store should be "PolicyDefinitions", not "PolicyDefinition". Please correct it, then verify again.

>>Also, is there any specific permission that needs to be given to the central store ?

No, no specific permission needs to be assigned. The folder was created in your SYSVOL, which is by default a shared directory for common access and replication throughout a domain.

More reference:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb530196.aspx

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Jack Wills Wednesday, January 20, 2016 5:42 PM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 6:25 AM

All replies

• Also, is there any specific permission that needs to be given to the central store ?

Jack Wills - Group Policy / Powershell / MDT

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 5:49 AM
  • Hi Jack,

The root folder of the Central Store should be "PolicyDefinitions", not "PolicyDefinition". Please correct it, then verify again.

>>Also, is there any specific permission that needs to be given to the central store ?

No, no specific permission needs to be assigned. The folder was created in your SYSVOL, which is by default a shared directory for common access and replication throughout a domain.

More reference:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb530196.aspx

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Jack Wills Wednesday, January 20, 2016 5:42 PM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 6:25 AM