Windows 10 1903 -> 1909 upgrade causes default apps to go back to original RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we have a problem where after upgrading Windows 10 1903 to 1909 with SCCM Task Sequence, user gets the notifications that the app has defaulted back to the original. Can somebody shed some light on why this is happening?

Cheers

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 8:56 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

As I know, SCCM is available to configure associate default application during image process. As it is more related with SCCM, we recommend to contact the details with SCCM support, they should be more familiar with that point.

Bests, 

" Please note that new questions regarding ‘Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment’ could NOT be posted in this forum anymore. This thread could be followed up until Mar-30th. We will be moving your thread to Microsoft Q&A if the deadline is missed. Register our new platform Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! for new questions or discussion. Check more details on sticky post.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 5:08 AM
  • Hi,

yes you can correct it in SCCM and manage it via GPO, but the issue is why does this happen in the first place?

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 5:42 AM
  • Hi, 

Thank you for your reply. 

Would you provide a description of first places?

Do you mean why it occur notification after upgrade and boot to Windows?

Bests, 

" Please note that new questions regarding ‘Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment’ could NOT be posted in this forum anymore. This thread could be followed up until Mar-30th. We will be moving your thread to Microsoft Q&A if the deadline is missed. Register our new platform Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! for new questions or discussion. Check more details on sticky post.

Friday, June 12, 2020 8:49 AM
  • Would you provide a description of first places? - Would you provide us with the description in the first place? did you meant to say that?

Do you mean why it occur notification after upgrade and boot to Windows? - Yes

Cheers

Saturday, June 13, 2020 7:37 AM
  • Hi Tonito, 

I would apologize for my late reply. 

As I don't know the meaning first places you said, so want to confirm with you the meaning. 

For your issue, there is a similar thread with yours, please check if it is useful for you.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/20880/windows10-1909-upgrade-an-app-default-was-reset.html

Bests,

Friday, June 19, 2020 9:57 AM
  • Hi,

thank you for the link, but I read that this is a default Windows 10 behavior, because it detects "faulty" registry settings and resets them to the original values.

The thread can be closed.

Cheers

Friday, June 19, 2020 10:08 AM
  • Hi Tonito, 

Thank you for your quick reply. 

If any replies are useful for you, please mark as answer.

Bests,

Friday, June 19, 2020 10:10 AM