Proclarity-32bit-Box (local admin install) SQLServer2005-IA64-Box WebPro works But not WebStandard RRS feed

Answers

• If Pro users are seeing the message, we'll want to start there.  Pro connects directly from the client machine to the cube, so PAS/IIS aren't involved, which eliminates a lot of variables around authentication, passing credentials, etc.

Most of the time when Pro users can't access the cube it has to do with either network connectivity issues, or cube security.  Again, Pro is a direct client/server connection between the machine running Pro and the machine hosting SSAS, so it needs to be determined as to whether there is an issue connecting from the client to the server, and/or whether there is an issue gaining access to the cube/data hosted out of SSAS.
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Flanagan Thursday, June 4, 2009 2:24 PM
    Friday, May 29, 2009 4:58 PM

All replies

• Does anyone find intrupted/broken/fluctuating working of WebStandard strange or is not so strange. Another thing i have noted is WebPro keeps working no matter i use Basic or Integrated. But whenever i switch to Basic or Integrated the PAS Admin Tool make server tree-node dead/red-marked i have developed cheat to uninstall PAS and reinstall PAS connecting (during setup) to existing PAS DB cuz other wise PAS Admin Tool just not behaves. I have now 2-3 times uninstalled PAS Server and and Installed for each time keeping IIS in Integrated or Basic before PAS reinstall. The most ugly PAS Admin Tool server-tree node dead problem is avoided but i cant get WebStandard working. WebPro works in both Authentication modes no matter Basic or Integrated. Also please guide me whether WebPro working in both Authentication modes no matter Basic or Integrated is abnormal or normal !?!.

Is KERBEROS (our Domain is NTLM) my fate !?! which to avoid i came for help.

At this URL
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/proclarity/thread/596852d4-bb9c-4c0e-ba7e-66ad4ba4bf68
    If PAS and AS are located on separate machines, Basic authentication only will need to be used for the PAS virtual directory.  The only way around this is to implement kerberos authentication

To work with Basic Auth only (no matter insecure) does this means i have to un-check "Enable Anonymous access" in "Directory Security" of IIS. I fear if i un-checked it, the saved password will be lost, no matter i make it checked again.

Also please if u could guide whether these need to touched ...
    1. Sharepoint -> Site Settings -> Anonymous Access (MOSS: Site Actions / Site Settings / Modify All Site Settings. WSS: Site Actions / Site Settings.)
    2. Sharepoint -> Central Administration -> Application Management -> Authentication Providers.

At this URL
    http://businessintelligence.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/proclarity-l/i-met-the-following-when-using-proclarity-61-web-standard-1115767?cv=expanded
    After a lot of investigation we found that our problem was a bug in Proclarity caused by having the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for OLAP Services 8.0 and Microsoft OLE DB Provider for OLAP Services 9.0 installed on the server at the same time. ...

I have Proclarity6.3-32Bit-Box with "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Analysis Services 9.0", "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for OLAP Services 8.0"
    And IA64-Databse-Box with "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Analysis Services 9.0" but no drivers for OLAP
    Should i run the drivers as per adviced here... !?! http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/it-IT/proclarity/thread/d78c84b9-c39a-4957-9ee2-3ba861ba8b63.

Thank you.
    • Edited by mi1400 Tuesday, April 28, 2009 12:53 PM
    Sunday, April 26, 2009 1:43 PM
  • ive solved problem myself
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 12:38 PM
  • And what's your solution ???

Because we have the same problem...

Thanks.
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 3:42 PM
  • Are you seeing the "cube could not be found" message in the Standard client?  Have you read the material referenced in the first post of this thread, and if so, what do you believe to be the challenge in your particular environment?  That is, is Kerberos delegation required but not avaiable or not configured correctly for instance?
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 11:40 PM
  • Hi Ben,

Yes I see the message in Standard AND Professionnal.  It did work for some time before we introduced Professional in the loop.  After that, Standard was working for a user and the next time, we had the message for that user and the second user was able to see the report.  And so on.  But for no reason (no reason I could find), the next day, everyone was seeing the message.  On the server, we got strange message like "DAX error" when we tried to acces the Proclarity Analytics server Administration Tool.  So we decided to restore the server with the backup when it was still working with Professionnal but we got the same problems, everyone was seeing the error message.

Yes, I have read all post in this tread and in others to.

When I look in the Security event viewer for event number 540, I see my user with Kerberos.

The only difference is that I'm using the French language pack for Proclarity.

Here's what we have installed:

Web Professional 6.3
    Web Professional 6.3 2217 Hotfix 6.3.2217

Hope this help.

Thanks

Eric
    Friday, May 29, 2009 12:19 PM
  • If Pro users are seeing the message, we'll want to start there.  Pro connects directly from the client machine to the cube, so PAS/IIS aren't involved, which eliminates a lot of variables around authentication, passing credentials, etc.

Most of the time when Pro users can't access the cube it has to do with either network connectivity issues, or cube security.  Again, Pro is a direct client/server connection between the machine running Pro and the machine hosting SSAS, so it needs to be determined as to whether there is an issue connecting from the client to the server, and/or whether there is an issue gaining access to the cube/data hosted out of SSAS.
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Flanagan Thursday, June 4, 2009 2:24 PM
    Friday, May 29, 2009 4:58 PM
  • Hi Ben,

I looked at the cube security and made sure I had access to it.  Because I'm not the one that create the cube so I had to ask and see to be sure.  So it was a security problem for the Pro users.  So now, it's working for the Pro users.  But I don't think that the cube is good because I have the "missing data" wizard pop up when I acces the report.  I select the "Show page without the missing data" (the second choice) and I see the report.

For the Standard users, I tried it and it's still not working.  I went trough the "Microsoft Proclarity and Kerberos delegation" procedure and I configured the Proclarity site to use basic authentication but I still have an error message that says (I'll try to translate it as best as I can from the french language):

This page is not available for the moment, Please select another page.
    This page refers to a member that as been modified or one you can't access.

It's not the same message so I think I'm looking good to find the solution.  I'll try to look for the new error message to find what's the problem.

If you have any hint, it would be a nice of you to let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eric

Don't search anymore...  I found out that when I closed my Pro after the "missing data" wizard, I did not save to a new report.  I finally decided to do that and it worked for my standard user.

So everything is working fine now.

Thanks for your great help and keep up the good work.

Eric
    Monday, June 1, 2009 1:34 PM