Random Blue Screens RRS feed

• Question

• I have been looking for information related to Event ID 9 with the source of ACPI  (IRQARB: ACPI BIOS provided an ambiguous entry in the PCI Routing Table (_PRT.) Illegal _PRT entry is of the form 0x00).  I have several Dell Precision 670's with Xeon processors that seem to ramdomly blue screen.  The machine restarts and seems fine for a couple of days and then the blue screen and restart happens again.  Has anyone seen this error?  Can you point me to any additional information to help resolve my issues?

Thanks,

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 4:06 AM

All replies

• I also have a Dell Precision 670 that drops 2 Event ID 9 with the source of ACPI  (IRQARB: ACPI BIOS provided an ambiguous entry in the PCI Routing Table (_PRT.) Illegal _PRT entry is of the form 0x00) at every boot. The problem started 10/24/2007 when a language pack update was installed. While I don't get any blue screens or suffer any performance degradation it did affect my boot up time. Now it takes 3 minutes between the time the BIOS screen goes away until the green "status bar" appears. Prior to this, it was only seconds. 2 other Precision 670's in my office are not affected. Removing the language pack didn't fix the issue. My 670 has those 2 [ Event ID 9 with the source of ACPI  (IRQARB: ACPI BIOS provided an ambiguous entry in the PCI Routing Table (_PRT.) Illegal _PRT entry is of the form 0x00).  ] where the other 670's do not. Unfortunately this is the only reference I've been able to find about this and it is not a solution.

How can this issue be resolved?

Bill

Friday, December 7, 2007 8:42 PM
  • I also have a Precision 670 running Vista Ultimate and this error appears in my Event viewer (38 times since installing Vista on 2/22).  I am a novice (so I have no idea what I am talking about) but I found the following string on the details tab for the event and wondered if it is a 0x00000004 parameter.  If so, does the section in the microsoft knowledgebase article listed below apply? The article is specific to Windows 2000, but it leads me to beleive that it involves the power management in Vista / BIOS.  I don't have power management enabled in my BIOS and I revised my power management settings in Vista to eliminate all power saving features (set to Never) except for turning of my display.  Please let me know if I am wasting my time.

Event Description

IRQARB
    000000000400300000000000090005C0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256841

(0x00000004, Parameter2, Parameter3, Parameter4):
    This error occurs because the system expected an integer as a package element when defining a _PRW method in the ACPI namespace. _PRW is only defined for systems that have the ability to wake the system from a sleep state. Among other things, it defines the lowest power system state that can be entered by the system while still providing the ability to wake. Expecting an integer, the system received some other data type.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 2:01 PM