Shortcut Properties - Shortcut Key RRS feed

• Question

• It seems like the Shortcut Key setup on a shortcut doesn't work in Windows Vista, unless there is some additional setting required.
    Monday, October 2, 2006 2:30 PM

Answers

• I understand that when you select New Shortcut from Right click menu in Desktop and you add the line, you can't Run the command. If this, I can say Windows Operating System has the same rundll32 found in it's all versions in same path so that you can't get so confused making a shortcut, so it's like 98,2000, 2003, XP is Vista! No need to worry about Vista, it's a new GUI styled Windows and so arranged with strong kernel based in all technologies. If you mean anything else that I could understand, let me in the know.

Good luck

Wednesday, October 4, 2006 7:29 PM

All replies

• I understand that when you select New Shortcut from Right click menu in Desktop and you add the line, you can't Run the command. If this, I can say Windows Operating System has the same rundll32 found in it's all versions in same path so that you can't get so confused making a shortcut, so it's like 98,2000, 2003, XP is Vista! No need to worry about Vista, it's a new GUI styled Windows and so arranged with strong kernel based in all technologies. If you mean anything else that I could understand, let me in the know.

Good luck

Wednesday, October 4, 2006 7:29 PM
  •  

I try to select create a new shorcut in Vista SP1 and nothing happens. I get no dialog box to create the shortcut. How do I fix this?

-Thanks in advance

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 5:21 PM
  • Hi, Scrubby -- I have the same issue. Did you ever get it resolved? I have never been able to create a new shortcut on the desktop (or anywhere, for that matter). It's really frustrating because I've been searching for this issue for almost an hour before I came across your question here, and there's no response! :-\

thanks,

Will

Sunday, June 22, 2008 4:50 PM