none
mmc

Answers

• This?

http://gpsearch.azurewebsites.net/Default.aspx?PolicyID=1915

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, August 15, 2015 9:20 AM
  • @jamicon - I just threw this together, can you try it out and see if it works?

http://1drv.ms/1hQKHHl

[TaskSchedMMCRestrict-PolicyDefinitions.zip]

download the zip, and extract it, this will add an ADMX and an en-US ADML.

place the ADMX into the folder: c:\windows\policydefinitions\
    place the ADML into the folder: c:\windows\policydefinitions\en-US\

Open GPEDIT / GPMC and you should have a new MMC_Restrict setting for TaskSched

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Marked as answer by jamicon Monday, August 24, 2015 3:18 PM
    Friday, August 21, 2015 11:55 PM

All replies

• This?

http://gpsearch.azurewebsites.net/Default.aspx?PolicyID=1915

Don

Saturday, August 15, 2015 9:20 AM
  • ahhh, so don't use the built-in GPO and use the registry GPP instead, right?

Is there a custom ADM for all AD MMC's? When I use the GPO it breaks my Task Scheduler.

fyi - I don't see HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\MMC\{1C5DACFA-16BA-11D2-81D0-0000F87A7AA3} in my registry, is there a typo?
    • Edited by jamicon Monday, August 17, 2015 12:31 PM
    Monday, August 17, 2015 12:18 PM
  • Am 17.08.2015 schrieb jamicon:

ahhh, so don't use the built-in GPO and use the registry GPP instead, right?

The link points to "built-in" Policies. Why would you use GPP in this case?

Regards
    Norbert

Dilbert's words of wisdom #34:
    When you don't know what to do, walk fast and look worried.
    nntp-bridge Zugriff auf die MS Foren wieder möglich: https://communitybridge.codeplex.com/

Monday, August 17, 2015 12:25 PM
  • ahhh, so don't use the built-in GPO and use the registry GPP instead, right?

Is there a custom ADM for all AD MMC's? When I use the GPO it breaks my Task Scheduler.

fyi - I don't see HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\MMC\{1C5DACFA-16BA-11D2-81D0-0000F87A7AA3} in my registry, is there a typo?

If you take a further look at the link shared by Don, you will see the built-in group policy setting to block ADSI Edit snap-in. The path of the setting is:

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Microsoft Management Console\Restricted/Permitted snap-ins\

The corresponding registry key only shows up after you configure above policy. Of course, you can use GPP to push this registry key directly:

HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\MMC\{1C5DACFA-16BA-11D2-81D0-0000F87A7AA3}\
    value name: Restrict_Run
    value date: 1

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:49 AM
  • I would love to use that setting, it is exactly what I want but have you tried it, it breaks Task Scheduler console ( I know, strange) have you tried it?
    Wednesday, August 19, 2015 1:41 PM
  • Yes, I tested this policy setting before. And I have just tried it again in my lab, Task Scheduler console works well for me.

What exactly do you mean "it breaks Task Scheduler console"? Any prompt/error message?

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, August 20, 2015 2:09 AM
  • @jamicon - I just threw this together, can you try it out and see if it works?

http://1drv.ms/1hQKHHl

[TaskSchedMMCRestrict-PolicyDefinitions.zip]

download the zip, and extract it, this will add an ADMX and an en-US ADML.

place the ADMX into the folder: c:\windows\policydefinitions\
    place the ADML into the folder: c:\windows\policydefinitions\en-US\

Open GPEDIT / GPMC and you should have a new MMC_Restrict setting for TaskSched

Don

• Marked as answer by jamicon Monday, August 24, 2015 3:18 PM
    Friday, August 21, 2015 11:55 PM
  • Hi,

How is it going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Monday, August 24, 2015 1:34 AM
  • worked perfectly, thanks everyone
    Wednesday, August 26, 2015 11:24 AM