none
migrate data from one pdp to other RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have 2 pdp's, one weekly pdp and other monthly pdp. Project creation page of weekly pdp is populated. Project creation page of monthy dashboard is blank. I want to show the values of weekly pdp (project creation page) into the monthly pdp (project creation page).

Please let us know if this is possible.

thanks

Tarique

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:32 AM

Answers

• Hi Tarique,

Yes it is possible. Is your weekly PDP just containing project fields?

Just edit from the server settings the monthly PDP, add a project field webpart and insert the project fields that were in the weekly PDP.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 11:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Tarique,

Yes it is possible. Is your weekly PDP just containing project fields?

Just edit from the server settings the monthly PDP, add a project field webpart and insert the project fields that were in the weekly PDP.

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 11:09 AM
  • Lets say weekly pdp is A and monthly pdp is B.

Yes, A contains only project fields.

I added the fields which were there in A into B using project field web part. Yet, I dont see any value in B, wereas I have values populated in A in those fields.

Am I missing something?

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 12:24 PM
  • Have you correctly saved the PDP A? When you go back to it, can you still see the values?

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 12:31 PM
  • Yes I can see the values in projects created by A. Also, I am wondering how will the values show up for different projects created by A in corresponding projects creating by B.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 12:39 PM
  • Maybe you misunderstood the PDP concept.

A PDP is a web form that can contain webpart such as project fields webpart. Those PDPs are attached to one or more Enterprise Project Types (EPT). From the project center in PWA, you'll be able to create a project choosing an available EPT. Once created, the project will display in PWA all PDPs associated to the project's EPT.

Meaning that a PDP is not attached to a specific project but to all projects associated to the EPT the PDP is associated to. Thus a given PDP with custom fields might/will contain different values for each project.

That being said, I'm wondering if your issue is not related to your misunderstanding of PDP behavior.

See some reference below:

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 12:48 PM
  • thanks Guillaume.

I got your point. I was able to add the fields of A into B and was able to see the values as well.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:08 AM
  • HI,

I was able to see the values of A in B, but if I update fields in B then eventually the values of A will get updated (since I am using the fields of A in B) which I dont want.

I want to show the values of A in B but when I update B the field values of B should get updated. Basically, I want to populate the fields of B from A (initially) and then update B thereafter.

Please let me know how can I achieve that.

thanks

Monday, May 19, 2014 5:21 AM