SFB Disconnects - you have reached the maximum number of devices or computers. RRS feed

• Question

• We have a new Skype for Business enterprise pool and are currently having a problem with intermittent disconnects with both clients and phones and the message is displayed "Please sign out at another location and try again. You have reached the maximum number of computers or devices allowed." The max number of connections has been set to 32 and I have also checked the servers to make sure the maximum performance is set in power options (to keep the network cards online). Right now I suspect the Web Services load balanced or other network issues.

Can someone steer me in the right direction?

Monday, June 25, 2018 4:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please also check the time on all the Lync servers, sometimes it may be related to the time is not synced with DC.

Also, please check the CMS status on the server, make sure it is up-to-date.

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 7:07 AM
  • Time is correct on all FEs. CMS is replicated and up to date.
    Tuesday, June 26, 2018 3:14 PM
  • Hi,

Is there any Event error on the Lync server? If yes, please provide the Event ID and error message.

In addition, did you change anything on the environment recently?

Here is a similar thread you could refer to:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/WINDOWS/en-US/52f16997-d6c9-4a0b-9e71-f4211a9c7351/lync-clients-signing-out-quotcannot-sign-in-to-lync-please-sign-out-at-another-location-and-try?forum=lyncdeploy

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 28, 2018 5:36 AM
  • The only event I've been able to put with the error is an LS User Services 32263. This occurred on one of the FEs yesterday when one of these disconnects occurred. I researched this event and found out it happens when users don't disconnect cleanly. There were no other events on any of the other FEs. I also say that other thread you posted. We aren't currently backing up those servers and there are no existing snapshots.

One other thing to note is when this disconnect happens it only happens to a subset of users and devices. Not all people are disconnected. Yesterday when it happened about 1/3 of our IT group was affected.

An error occurred while processing a batch of NotifyPipe replies from another front end. This resulted in the notification not being sent.

Error code: 0xC3E93C2F(SIPPROXY_E_UNKNOWN_USER_OR_EPID), Error identifier: NotifySingle.Notify
    Cause: Possible issues with the other front end or with this front end.
    Resolution:
    Ensure the front end is functioning correctly.

Thursday, June 28, 2018 3:11 PM
  • Hi,

According your provided information, it seems only one FE have this Event 32263.

Please check the FEs have the same CU, and make sure no network issue among the servers.

If possible, please try to install the latest CU or restart the problematic FE at a suitable time.

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Monday, July 2, 2018 2:20 AM
  • Hi, 

Have a nice day!

If there is any update on this case, feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Thursday, July 5, 2018 8:55 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Shaw Lu

• Edited by Shaw_Lu Monday, July 9, 2018 7:14 AM
    Monday, July 9, 2018 1:47 AM
  • I'm still having this issue. I think I've narrowed it down to the load balancer configuration but I am trying to confirm. The servers all report the error about talking to a stale SIP conversation but I think this occurs after the user is logged off. All of the servers are on the same CU.

I'm using a Kemp load balancer with a multi leg configuration (it is used for other stuff). What I am trying to find out if is traffic going through the load balancer to the web server supposed to look like it's coming from the Kemp or the original client address (return traffic would then go back directly to the client from SfB instead of through the LB). Right now I think it's going directly from Skype to the client.

I'm leaning towards this being a web services/network issue as my old Polycom CX600 seem to be very problematic.  

Monday, July 9, 2018 1:52 PM
  • Hi,

According your description, I think you could first review the LB configuration.

You may refer to this article:

https://support.kemptechnologies.com/hc/en-us/articles/206151706-Microsoft-Skype-for-Business

In addition, if it may be related to LB, I think you could try to do a testing, add records pointing to the FE server in the host file on the client machine to bypass the LB, then check the result.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft can make no representation concerning the content of these sites. Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: this is to inform you that Microsoft has not tested any software or information found on these sites and therefore cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software on the Internet.

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 2:13 AM