Taskbar Malfunction RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit. For about a month I have been having an issue with my taskbar malfunctioning. This causes my applications to freeze or restart and the taskbar is constantly "sliding" from left to right on the far right side only. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

Monday, May 9, 2016 5:49 PM

Answers

• Well not quite sure what you mean by sliding from left to right.

Try a system file check to check the system, this link System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot (guide by Team ZigZag) for information on that.

Beyond that try a clean boot to see if third party software is doing it, and if so how to track it down.

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Monday, May 16, 2016 8:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Friday, May 20, 2016 6:26 AM
    Monday, May 9, 2016 9:14 PM
  • Hi KRH0826,

"This causes my applications to freeze"
    This is more likely a performance issue.

Is there any process occupied many system resources in the task manager? Have you made any modifications to the machine recently?

As -Mr Happy- pointed out, please try to perform a clean boot to have a troubleshoot.
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

" is constantly "sliding" from left to right on the far right side only"
    Have you tried to lock the taskbar(right click the taskbar and choose "Lock the taskbar")?

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 6:30 AM

All replies

• Well not quite sure what you mean by sliding from left to right.

Try a system file check to check the system, this link System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot (guide by Team ZigZag) for information on that.

Beyond that try a clean boot to see if third party software is doing it, and if so how to track it down.

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Monday, May 16, 2016 8:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Friday, May 20, 2016 6:26 AM
    Monday, May 9, 2016 9:14 PM
  • Hi KRH0826,

"This causes my applications to freeze"
    This is more likely a performance issue.

Is there any process occupied many system resources in the task manager? Have you made any modifications to the machine recently?

As -Mr Happy- pointed out, please try to perform a clean boot to have a troubleshoot.
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

" is constantly "sliding" from left to right on the far right side only"
    Have you tried to lock the taskbar(right click the taskbar and choose "Lock the taskbar")?

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 6:30 AM