none
Assign unique start time for resources in a task RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all!

I have a question. My project type is event driven and say I have a task, now the task have a few resources, say 5. But within the task the resources are not all used at the same time. So I want to assign different start time for each of the resources within the task.

I can't find a way to do this in MS project 2010, does anyone knows how to do this?

Friday, November 9, 2012 6:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

apply Task Usage view. There you can modify Start dates on assignment level. Is this what you are looking for?

Regards
    Barbara

Friday, November 9, 2012 6:22 AM
  • Hi thanks for the reply. It certainly help point me to the right direction.

However say in each task I would like some resources to start after a certain resource finish. I that notice in Task Usage view I can't assign predecesor or successor to any of the resource. Is there a way to get a resource to start only when a certain resource finish?

The other issue is, when I try to input data into the actual start column in Task Usage I notice that I can only enter the date and not the time in Hours. Is there a way to specify the actual start in hours?

Thanks!

Friday, November 9, 2012 7:56 AM
  • Hi,

Entering time in hh:mm is possible everywhere in Project as follows: 9/11/12 09:12

Attention to the wording "Actual Start" for Project that is the time the task HAS STARTED not when it is now planned

Link resources within a task is nt automatically possible. If this sort of relationship exists that means you can represent this as multiple tasks and link those.

Greetings,

Friday, November 9, 2012 8:12 AM
  • Hi Jan!

So which column in the task usage do I put the "9/11/12 09:12" so that I can make a resource start at that date and time?

Thanks.

Friday, November 9, 2012 8:19 AM
  • Hi,

To change the start of an assignment you use the start column for the assignment. Assignments are the definition of what a resource does on a task; in Usage views they are shown in Italics.

Greetings,

Friday, November 9, 2012 8:56 AM