SP3 installation failed on Sharepoint Service 3.0 and then unable to use the system anymore RRS feed

• Question

• Hello SP forum,

I accidentally included in my last windows update the patch to Sharepoint Service 3.0 which is SP3 (release the 15/12/2011).

The installation get stuck and was unresponsive any more, I was forced to restart the server.

Since this, the Sharepoint websites are unavailable, the Center Administration is running.

I did all tricks possible I would read on all forums:

psconfig -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -wait -force:

Fail at "Performing configuration task 3 of 4, Upgrading SharePoint Products and Technologies" with : 

Failed to upgrade SharePoint Products and Technologies.

An exception of type Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPUpgradeException was thrown.  Additional exception information: Upgrade completed with errors.  Review the upgrade.log file located in C:\Program Files\Common Files
    \Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\Logs\Upgrade.log.  The number of errors and warnings is listed at the end of the upgrade log file.

net stop MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE

net start MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE

I downloaded the origial installation SP3 and did it interactively here again the step 3 of 4 fail

I have TFS Installed and the Sharepoint is using TFS components, is it coming from this ?

Here is the part of the Upgrade.log:

[SPSearchDatabaseSequence] [DEBUG] [1/18/2012 2:18:59 PM]: The call to SPSearchServiceInstance.Provision (server 'MY_SERVER') failed. Setting back to previous status 'Online'. System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: SPSearch (Administrator)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Win32.SPAdvApi32.ChangeServiceConfiguration(String strServiceName, String strAccountName, SecureString sstrPassword, IdentityType identityType, Boolean bDontRestartService)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPProvisioningAssistant.ProvisionProcessIdentity(String strUserName, SecureString secStrPassword, IdentityType identityType, Boolean isAdminProcess, Boolean isWindowsService, String strServiceName, Boolean dontRestartService)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPProcessIdentity.ProvisionInternal(SecureString sstrPassword, Boolean isRunningInTimer)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPProcessIdentity.Provision()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWindowsServiceInstance.ProvisionCredentials()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWindowsServiceInstance.Provision(Boolean start)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWindowsServiceInstance.Provision()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.SPSearchServiceInstance.Provision()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPSearchDatabaseSequence.EnableAndProvisionSearchNTService()
    [SPManager] [ERROR] [1/18/2012 2:18:59 PM]: Upgrade [SPSearchDatabase Name=WSS_Search Parent=SPDatabaseServiceInstance Name=Microsoft##SSEE] failed.
    [SPManager] [ERROR] [1/18/2012 2:18:59 PM]: SPSearch (Administrator)
    [SPManager] [ERROR] [1/18/2012 2:18:59 PM]:    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Win32.SPAdvApi32.ChangeServiceConfiguration(String strServiceName, String strAccountName, SecureString sstrPassword, IdentityType identityType, Boolean bDontRestartService)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPProvisioningAssistant.ProvisionProcessIdentity(String strUserName, SecureString secStrPassword, IdentityType identityType, Boolean isAdminProcess, Boolean isWindowsService, String strServiceName, Boolean dontRestartService)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPProcessIdentity.ProvisionInternal(SecureString sstrPassword, Boolean isRunningInTimer)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPProcessIdentity.Provision()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWindowsServiceInstance.ProvisionCredentials()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWindowsServiceInstance.Provision(Boolean start)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWindowsServiceInstance.Provision()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.SPSearchServiceInstance.Provision()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPSearchDatabaseSequence.EnableAndProvisionSearchNTService()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPSearchDatabaseSequence.PostUpgrade()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPManager.Upgrade(Object o, Boolean bRecurse)

While I try to access the Database (Windows Internal Database) I can't list the comptent of the table dbo.Versions, I get this error:

Msg 33002, Level 16, State 1, Line 2
    Access to table dbo.Versions is blocked because the signature is not valid.

I have no idea how to fix this.

Thank you to help me. 

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:34 PM upgrade/admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    • Edited by Alex S000 Thursday, July 5, 2018 8:03 AM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:33 PM

Answers

All replies