none
Set an attribute value on the basis of sets RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I would set a custom attribute "XYZ" (used only in the Portal) to values "Existent" (or "Not Existent") evaluating if the target belong (or not) to a specific set. I was wondering if I can do this through a workflow activity that sets the value of the [//Target/XYZ] attribute.

In the following an image of the workflow panel

Can I do this by means of a function IIF?

I would obtain something like that: IIF user belong to a set then XYZ = "Existent". I don't know how to set the boolean condition. Please, can you suggest me how do this?

After that have I to create a MPR to load this workflow?

Thanks in advance.

Francesca

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 3:31 PM

All replies

• Francesca-

You're not going to be able to do this with the IIF function. Instead, you should fire this based on transition in to the set. Do something like this:

• Create a workflow with the function evaluator. Set [//Target/XYZ] to "Existent" (in English, the option where you picked Funzione is "Constant" - not sure what it localizes to).
      • Create an MPR. Set it to trigger on "Transition In" to your set. Pick the Action Workflow you created in the previous step.

As users enter the set because the trigger attribute is set, they'll get their XYZ attribute set to "Existent".

My Book - Active Directory, 4th Edition
    My Blog - www.briandesmond.com

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 5:28 PM
  • Brian,

thank you very very much. I was drowning in an inch of water! :) 

Francesca

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 7:28 PM