none
It was suggested I come here with this...

Question

• I noticed that my firewall settings were set to OPEN/ALWAYS/EVERYONE (essentially).  I thought, "That can't be right...that's not safe at all",

So I disabled/blocked about half of my incoming rules.   Which was immediately changed back by an unscheduled update less than an hour later.

I made screen shots of my firewall settings.  *Windows Remote Management is set to YES  PUBLIC ALLOW  SYSTEM  ANY TCP and ANY /ANY /ANY.

Peer to peer collaboration has the same settings, specifying %System...% as the part of my PC that is open to the public.  (And yes, I'm sure these are the default settings, I wiped and reinstalled offline. If you close or block your ports, they will be overridden in minutes (including the ones marked "No Override". 

I downloaded Spybot 2.5 which detected backdoor knocking on SAM, and attempts to logon without a password.  Defender did not have a problem, as elevated permissions, impersonation, persistent logon attempts using alternate credentials is business as usual for WIN 10.

Further, all of the choices I was given regarding how  to receive updates/reboot times/and which apps can access my personal data (pictures/docs  -  webcam/mic) are set to "**** yeah!"
    So, basically, Windows 10 is a GYN is the front, and a back port Proctologist.

Anyone else think this odd?

Is there a solution...or...?

Thursday, December 1, 2016 3:07 PM