none
What is primary key of connector space object of AD MA , GAL MA , LDIF MA ? RRS feed

• Question

• What is primary key of connector space object of AD MA , GAL MA , LDIF MA ?
    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 2:27 AM

Answers

• I'd recommend spending some time experimenting with FIM in a lab environment, to understand how "import" steps work.  FIM uses the anchor value to remember that an object it sees on successive imports from a given connected data source is the same object; it's not possible to have more than one object in a single connected directory with the same anchor--you could run "full import" again and again and again, and FIM will know that they are the same objects each time, without any conflicts.  Attribute change detection is a core feature of the FIM synchronization service, but I'm not really sure what you are asking about it.
    Wednesday, August 1, 2012 4:05 PM
  • objectGuid for the first two.  For the LDIF MA, it's configurable during MA setup -- either the DN or another attribute of your choosing.

Most directory systems have an anchor / guid / uuid field that is more durable than DN, and that's usually the one you want to use.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 6:37 PM

All replies

• objectGuid for the first two.  For the LDIF MA, it's configurable during MA setup -- either the DN or another attribute of your choosing.

Most directory systems have an anchor / guid / uuid field that is more durable than DN, and that's usually the one you want to use.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 6:37 PM
  • Thank you.

I understand objectGuid is primary key for AD MA and GAL MA.

If already the object exist in Connector Space, and try to import that object by AD MA or GAL MA or LDIF MA, what will happen ?

If there is attribute changes , update happen , and there is no change , just do nothing or conflicts happen ?

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 5:31 AM
  • I'd recommend spending some time experimenting with FIM in a lab environment, to understand how "import" steps work.  FIM uses the anchor value to remember that an object it sees on successive imports from a given connected data source is the same object; it's not possible to have more than one object in a single connected directory with the same anchor--you could run "full import" again and again and again, and FIM will know that they are the same objects each time, without any conflicts.  Attribute change detection is a core feature of the FIM synchronization service, but I'm not really sure what you are asking about it.
    Wednesday, August 1, 2012 4:05 PM