Migrating a second domain name into Exchange 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Having a problem with a second domain name that I have added into Exchange 2010

All is working well configuration wise apart from one snag which is causing some issues.

After switch over to DomainB.com incoming and outgoing mail is fine.

Apart from when an email was sent from an external contact to a group of contacts and one of them being to an executive in our office, when he hits the reply all button he is also emailing himself back as his old email address was in the list.  Therefore because he replies from domainB but the email was sent to domainA.

Is there a way to ensure that exchange recognises that this is the same person and he/she would not also be emailing themselves back?

Thanks.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Alan,

Which version of outlook are you using? Outlook 2010 is intelligent enough to remove the sender from TO list when replying to the mail where he present.  

And make sure that Outlook is configured with Primary email address(it might have changes later).

Kottees : My Blog : Please mark it as an answer if it really helps you.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:48 PM
  • Done some more testing on this today. This is not happening with Outlook 2010 on the Windows machines.

Is just in the Outlook for Apple MAC that this is occurring on.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:53 PM
  • that might be the behavior of it. check it out. I've no idea about mac outlook.  

Kottees : My Blog : Please mark it as an answer if it really helps you.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 7:29 AM
  • Tell me about it.

The clients in question are:  

Outlook for Mac 2011

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 11:34 AM