Unexpected result with custom user role RRS feed

• Question

• I need a role in Service Manager that limits users to see only Change Requests and related activities as well as only our custom templates for changes. So, I created a role based on the Change Initiator built-in role. I created three queues (one for each of our change request categories). I then adjusted the role so that it can only access those queues, only access our form templates, and only Change Request and Activity views.

When testing the new role, the queue restriction seems to have worked. . .I only see change requests.  However, when I create a new change request, I still see the default templates, even though the role specifies only our custom templates.  Also, I still see all the other views (Incident, Problem, etc.), even though the role specifically allows access only to Change and Activity views.

I double checked that my test user is not a part of any role, except the custom role I created.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Jeff

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 7:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Jeff,

Permission to All Templates are granted through the built in End Users role for all Authenticated Users. If you want to filter templates you will need to change the membership of that role, or build a new, custom End User role.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 5:13 AM
  • Thanks Anders. What effect does removing authenticated users from the default end users role have? I tried that but my test user still sees the default templates.

Thanks,

Jeff

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 1:01 PM
  • Also, I crated a new role based on the end user role and modified it so that only our custom templates should be available, but my test user still sees all templates.  Do I need to remove the OOB end user role?

Thanks,

Jeff

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 1:06 PM