none
Window 10 Pro join Windows 2008 R2 Domain problem? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We recently added some Win10 Pro PC to our office, but we have some problem after join our domain. 

Join domain looks ok, administrator account can login/access all functions at those Win10 Pro PC.

But when we use normal user accounts on those Win10 PC, trouble show up. 

Here are some problems I found when I setting up.

1. Login success, but many Live Tiles show download icon(arrow point down), and click nothing happen.

2. Cortana bar: I can typing, but only running dot show on top. 

3. Edge: Program will open, but can't type in anything in address bar.

4. Internet Explorer: Run a circle, but nothing happen. I can run it as administrator, but it will require entering administrator ID/PW every time.

5. Setting panel show, but click anything just show circles. 

It looks like some kind of permission setting.

I do some search, it said about firewall setting via GPO, add admx templates to Win 2008 R2. But all fail in my case. 

Anyone know how to fix it? Thank you very much.

Fox

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 9:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you this issue only occur on standard domain user or both local standard user?

Please confirm your ADMX is matching your Windows 10 version.

For firstly domain user login on new workstation, it maybe need more time to load. I suggest you sign out  and  sign in again to check the result.

If the issue persists, I suggest you upgrade your Windows 10 to latest version Windows 10 1803 OS Build 17134.191 to see if the issue can be resolved.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 3:04 AM
  • Windows 10 Pro is 1803, and admx is 1803.

And yes, this issue occur on both domain standard user and local standard user.

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 1:47 PM
  • Have  you tried the suggestion I provides in previous reply?

Remove one test machine from the domain to see if the issue gas gone.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 26, 2018 8:09 AM
  • Sorry, I need to edited this reply.

Yes, I tried it. Not working. 

I tried exit domain, local administrator user is working as usual, but new local standard user has the same issue.

I saw similar threads "Windows 10 start menu problem after join domain", so far I am not success to find a fix for me. 

• Edited by Li-Kang Hsu Thursday, July 26, 2018 8:53 PM
    Thursday, July 26, 2018 7:32 PM
  • The machine is exit the domain now, but it seems all standard local user account has the same issue. 

Contana won't search, Edge can't type in, IE run a circle and gone. 

Does anyone have a clue?

Thank you very much.

Friday, July 27, 2018 7:27 PM
    1. Can you connect this issue with anything - like - location (only in one location), version (all Windows 10 have this strange behavior, other versions are ok), some software
    2. Do You have only Windows 10 as clients?
    3. What does it mean, that you can see circles?
    4. What groups/users are there in local group Users?
    Friday, July 27, 2018 8:17 PM
  • Upon initial load of a profile it's normal to see the arrows.  Did you give it time - up to an hour - as what it does is download the tile info from MU/WU in the background.
    Monday, July 30, 2018 7:59 PM
  • I leave it overnight and tried login next day, still same issue.

Now I quit domain, but the PC still have this issue with local users. 

I did found out there is a lot of error like this in event viewer.

Taskhostw(3656,R,98) webcachelocal: An attempt to open the file "c:\users\administrator\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\webcache\webcachev01.dat" for read/write access failed with system error 5 (0x00000005): "Access is denied." The open file operation will fail with error - 1032 (0xfffffbf8)

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 2:54 PM
  • Li-Kang Hsu,

Na placa de rede, em configuração TCP/IP versão 4, o endereço IP da máquina computador/servidor não pode estar no automático, e no item avançado, no item Wins em que colocar o endereço IP do servidor Windows 2008 R2 e o endereço IP do computador Windows 10, e o endereço IP gateway dos roteadores, para todas as máquinas da sua rede conseguirem se comunicar em full-duplex.

Portuguese to English Translation:

On the network adapter, in the TCP / IP version 4 configuration, the IP address of the computer / server machine can not be on the automatic, and in the advanced item in the Wins item where you put the IP address of the Windows 2008 R2 server and the IP address of the Windows 10 computer, and the router's IP address, for all machines in your network to be able to communicate in full-duplex.

Ana Mercedes Gauna | IT Consultant | Microsoft Partner: 5126593 | Skype: amgauna@hotmail.com | Site: http://www.anagauna.eti.br | http://www.amgauna.com.br | Blog: http://anagauna.wordpress.com | If you have been able to help, please check the answer as correct.

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 4:06 PM
  • Thank you for the translate, but I tried and no.

Also now I disconnect the domain. It's local PC but still have this issue.

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 6:45 PM
  • The machine is exit the domain now, but it seems all standard local user account has the same issue. 

Contana won't search, Edge can't type in, IE run a circle and gone. 

Does anyone have a clue?

Thank you very much.

If so, that's should not the domain cause.

What if you clean install a new computer with your original media?

Monday, August 6, 2018 8:10 AM
  • Li-Kang Hsu

Verifies the network card configuration in TCP / IP.
    The computer name can not exist other machine using equal name.
    The IP address of the computer can not exist other machine using equal IP.
    The primary DNS IP address can be the IP of your server.
    The IP address Gateway is the IP address of your router.
    If there are multiple routers and multiple network servers in your network, then WINS must register the IP addresses of all the routers and servers on your network.

Ana Mercedes Gauna | IT Consultant | Microsoft Partner: 5126593 | Skype: amgauna@hotmail.com | Site: http://www.anagauna.eti.br | http://www.amgauna.com.br | Blog: http://anagauna.wordpress.com | If you have been able to help, please check the answer as correct.

• Edited by Ana Gauna Monday, August 6, 2018 3:24 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Ana Gauna Monday, August 6, 2018 3:24 PM
    Monday, August 6, 2018 3:20 PM