none
User can't update time in Task grid; it's read-only RRS feed

  • Question

  • Project Server 2010.<o:p></o:p>

    This started a couple of weeks ago for two different users. They suddenly were unable to update hours in the My Work/Tasks grid. They can still see the Planned hours per day, but can't enter a value in the Actual field. The can also select a task and use the "Mark Complete" option.<o:p></o:p>

    For one user, this happens for all dates prior to a certain date for all projects; for the other user, it's for all dates after a certain date but only some projects. I'm not aware of any changes to these users' profiles in the past few weeks.  All others are not experiencing this at all.

    Any thoughts on what could be causing this?<o:p></o:p>


    Thursday, August 7, 2014 6:36 PM

Answers

  • According to Microsoft Support, this is caused because we have Single Entry Mode enabled, but we don't have any time periods defined past 7/19.  I'm not that familiar with SEM (this was all setup before I started), but as I understand it, we don't need it because we don't use Timesheets; we only update hours on project Tasks.  However, since SEM is enabled, the first date for which there is not a time period defined seems to cause issues in the Tasks page.  Sounds like a bug, but easy to work around. 
    • Marked as answer by Mike1388 Friday, September 5, 2014 8:20 PM
    Friday, September 5, 2014 8:20 PM

All replies

  • I've determined this impacts every user if 7/20 is NOT the first date of the period shown on the Tasks page.  If 7/20 falls anywhere in the middle of the display, 7/20 and every date following for that time period, is read-only.  If 7/20 is the first date in the displayed period, or if it is not included in the period at all, everything is OK.

    While trying to find a cause/solution to this, I also happen to notice that under Server Settings, Time Reporting Periods, the last defined period ends on 7/19.  Given the relationship to this date and the date that causes the problem above, it seems it can't be a coincidence.  However, we don't use timesheets, so my understanding is that Time Reporting Periods won't impact anything.  Also, it wouldn't explain why you can move a period past 7/20 and everything is OK.

    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 2:35 PM
  • According to Microsoft Support, this is caused because we have Single Entry Mode enabled, but we don't have any time periods defined past 7/19.  I'm not that familiar with SEM (this was all setup before I started), but as I understand it, we don't need it because we don't use Timesheets; we only update hours on project Tasks.  However, since SEM is enabled, the first date for which there is not a time period defined seems to cause issues in the Tasks page.  Sounds like a bug, but easy to work around. 
    • Marked as answer by Mike1388 Friday, September 5, 2014 8:20 PM
    Friday, September 5, 2014 8:20 PM