none
Why are users missing from FIM Portal? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Has anyone else seen this?

If I search for a user in the Portal using their 'username', I find the user.

If I search for a user in the Portal using their 'surname', I cannot find the user.

Thanks,

SK

• Edited by D Wind Thursday, August 23, 2012 3:29 AM
    Thursday, August 23, 2012 3:28 AM

Answers

• S.Kwan,

I looked at mine, if you are just going to home page and putting in name and searching, if you look at advanced search you can see what it being searched exactly. In my case it shows the following

Select user that match any of the following conditions

DisplayName contains <value>

AccountName starts with <value>

E-mail Alias starts with <value>

If the surname is not contained in DisplayName, then my search fails, as well. This looks like by design behavior. Your DisplayName attribute might not contain the surname, perhaps? Also, you should make sure the full-text catalog should be rebuilt, that is used for searching like this. If this DB was restored, the FT catalog does not get saved with DB by default so restored DBs often show problems in search if big environment and it has not been rebuilt.

• Marked as answer by D Wind Tuesday, September 4, 2012 1:38 AM
    Thursday, August 23, 2012 5:42 AM

All replies

• S.Kwan,

I looked at mine, if you are just going to home page and putting in name and searching, if you look at advanced search you can see what it being searched exactly. In my case it shows the following

Select user that match any of the following conditions

DisplayName contains <value>

AccountName starts with <value>

E-mail Alias starts with <value>

If the surname is not contained in DisplayName, then my search fails, as well. This looks like by design behavior. Your DisplayName attribute might not contain the surname, perhaps? Also, you should make sure the full-text catalog should be rebuilt, that is used for searching like this. If this DB was restored, the FT catalog does not get saved with DB by default so restored DBs often show problems in search if big environment and it has not been rebuilt.

• Marked as answer by D Wind Tuesday, September 4, 2012 1:38 AM
    Thursday, August 23, 2012 5:42 AM
  • Thanks Glenn, it appears as if the default conditions are causing the issue.

Regards.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 1:38 AM