none
Change SharePoint Team Site page layout? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

How can i change the page layout of existing SharePoint team site?

>>SharePoint Server Publishing infrastructure is enabled at Site Collection Level

>>SharePoint Server Publishing is enabled at Site Level

but still i am not able to see the page layout option in the ribbon... its not appearing at all in the ribbon.

how i make it visible on ribbon so that i can change the page layout.

Also if someone can tell me how can i change the existing site template to something else i want that looks more appealing. i found on template on internet which i want  to apply to all my sites.. how can i acheive this...

thanks in advance

ajay

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 1:54 PM

Answers

• yes it is a set of master pages, images, css... withinstruction how to change it.

I mange to change it to some thing else without the use of the template i found.

i changed the design coding and all watch couple of videos on internet.

thankyou all guys for putting efforts.

• Marked as answer by AKM5009 Friday, August 12, 2011 9:27 AM
    Friday, August 12, 2011 9:26 AM

All replies

• Did you activate it within a team site?

You cannot change site templates after creating one.

SharePoint it is :)
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 3:01 PM
  • Hi,

the publishing infrastracture does not apply to existing pages. This feature adds page library, style library and so on. I think that you have to "migrate" your pages into the publishing pages.

What do you mean for "I found a template on internet"? is it a set of master pages, images, css, ect?

Cheers
    Riccardo

fino a quì tutto bene
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 3:54 PM
  • Ajay,

The page layout option is only available on Publishing pages. If your page is of type Wiki page (which I think is the case) or Webpart page, then you wont be able to see the Page layout option.

Try creating a new page by using Site Actions > More options > Page > Publishing page and you see the page layout option here.

- Sid
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 11:37 PM
  • yes it is a set of master pages, images, css... withinstruction how to change it.

I mange to change it to some thing else without the use of the template i found.

i changed the design coding and all watch couple of videos on internet.

thankyou all guys for putting efforts.

• Marked as answer by AKM5009 Friday, August 12, 2011 9:27 AM
    Friday, August 12, 2011 9:26 AM