PBX On-Premise with Skype Online Users RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    I have S4B Server 2015 On-Premise with PBX connected and want integrate with Skype Online (Office 365). As a requirement all users on Skype Online must continue to use the On-Premise PBX
    My plan to do this is:

1. Upgrade S4B to last cumulative update
    2. Change SIP domain.local to domain.com
    3. Hybrid deployment Skype On-premise with Skype Online
    4. Migrate Users to Skype Online
    5. Test PBX On-premise with skype online users.

My question is, I need anything else for integrate PBX On-premise with Skype Online users?

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 10:45 PM

Answers

• Deleted
    • Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, October 6, 2017 7:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aocox Friday, October 6, 2017 3:52 PM
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 2:03 AM

All replies

• Deleted
    • Marked as answer by Aocox Friday, October 6, 2017 3:52 PM
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 2:03 AM
  • Hi Aocox,

Agree with Shankar.Paulraj.

You can configure a Hybrid deployment. You need to have a Skype for Business on-premises to connect with your PBX and the Skype for Business on-premises server will act as a gateway to Skype for Business Online.

I will share a document about how to do hybrid environment, please refer to
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj205403.aspx

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 5, 2017 6:12 AM
  • One thing that you may be missing if your sip domain was domain.local, is an edge server and reverse proxy setup.  Make sure that your users can connect externally without a VPN and make calls.  Once that's in place, you're ready for hybrid, check out Josh Blalock's free book: http://blog.get-csjosh.com/2016/05/published-skype-for-business-hybrid-handbook-2.0.html

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, October 5, 2017 4:31 PM
  • Thanks everyone for your help
    I'll be commenting on the results

Friday, October 6, 2017 3:54 PM
  • Hi Aocox,

I am glad that our forum will help you with this issue, if you have any other issue about SFB, welcome to discuss in our forum

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 9, 2017 6:51 AM