locked
Play on Phone issues RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All, we're having trouble with the Voicemail Play on Phone feature. Following are the symptoms and setup. We've been running Skype for Business Standard on Prem since Sept 2015 with Office 365 for Exchange and this is the first time we've come across this issue.

    Central Site = Skype for Business Standard Server / Sonus SBC 1000

    Exchange Server 2013 on Prem / Office 365 Hybrid

    Symptoms: When we try and play back a voicemail through either the Outlook 2016 client or OWA via the Play on Phone feature it rings the sip URI or the phone number (if changed) but once the handset is picked up the call drops out 90% of the time. Annoyingly the other 10% of the time you can hear about 2 seconds of the voicemail and then the call drops out.

    If you click on the Play button on the voicemail within the email we can listen to the whole voicemail through the computer speakers without any issues in both client & OWA.

    If anyone has had a similar problem they've managed to resolve or can point me in the right direction for troubleshooting we'd be most grateful.

    Thanks in Advance :) 

    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 2:55 AM

All replies

  • As I understand, you have problems with you users which use Exchange online right?

    You should troubleshoot you Edge server, looks like the A/V Edge has a problem to route the mediastream to the client.


    regards Holger Technical Specialist UC

    Saturday, March 4, 2017 9:21 PM