UAG - URL Inspection Error - The error code is String ends before expected UTF-8 byte RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I have some experience concerning TMG 2010, but I am new to UAG 2010.
    We have installed UAG 2010 SP2 (4.0.2095.10014) and published a Sharepoint 2010 application.
    Our Sharepoint administrator sends to users an URL like the following: https://webserver.contoso.com/sites/R%E9union%20du%2008.06.2013

The link redirects correctly to UAG Portal. After logon, the user gets the following error code:  You have attempted to access a restricted URL.    

The URL is blocked by one or more Forefront UAG out-of-the-box rules.In the Webmonitor log, I found the following error message:Warning 04/24/2013 14:35:47 31 Global Out-Of-The-Box Rules Security webapplications (S) SRV-UAG The request from source IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, user <username> to trunk webapplications; Secure=1 failed due to an error with a predefined global rule. The error code is String ends before expected UTF-8 byte.

Does somebody have an idea where the error could be from?

I tried to find some info's about the error on the Internet, but nothing gave me a successful solution.
    One more thing I found today, when I disable URL Verification in Sharepoint Application in UAG, the the URL works as expected. But this is not what we want, because we loose all URL inspection security from UAG. I have a supplementary question about the "URL Verification" setting in application configuration.

Does this settings disables only the application specific (in my case Sharepoint) URL inspection rules or also global url inspection rules (Portal, Internal site, ...)?

Thanks in advance for a feedback,
    Gillato    

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 4:32 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I'm suffering the same problem.

The thing is, when being already logged on, results that the link works perfectly. As well if you click the link for a second time, when you get the error message.

Has anybody idea's on this?

Regards,

Daniel

Monday, August 26, 2013 5:41 AM
  • Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem. Is there anyone with a solution for this or a way to further investigate?

Regards,

Wilko

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:04 PM