View incoming bounced old aliaes RRS feed

• Question

• Quick question.

Some aliases got removed that were still in use by certain users. Is there a way to see logs for incoming mail to those old bounced aliases in Exchange 2010 SP3?

Thank you.

Knowledge is Power.

Friday, October 17, 2014 8:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As Amit suggested, you can use the message tracking log to see the detailed information of sender, recipients.

Here is the result for your reference.

Note: Through the message tracking log, we can't determine whether the failed messages are due to no-existence recipients email addresses. For example, the above 10test5@cu1.com is a no-existence email address, but 10test1@cu1.com is an existing email address.

Hope my clarification is helpful to you.

Best regards,

Amy Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by S7v7nsins Tuesday, October 21, 2014 5:28 PM
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 5:23 AM

All replies

• It should be logged into message tracking log so if you scan message tracking log, you should be able to find it...
    Saturday, October 18, 2014 12:05 AM
  • Hi,

As Amit suggested, you can use the message tracking log to see the detailed information of sender, recipients.

Here is the result for your reference.

Note: Through the message tracking log, we can't determine whether the failed messages are due to no-existence recipients email addresses. For example, the above 10test5@cu1.com is a no-existence email address, but 10test1@cu1.com is an existing email address.

Hope my clarification is helpful to you.

Best regards,

Amy Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by S7v7nsins Tuesday, October 21, 2014 5:28 PM
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 5:23 AM
  • Thank you this was helpful. I found this about 5 minutes after I posted. I also ran Log Parser to view even more details.

I did this from power shell then found a much better solution in the GUI under tools. Thank you.

Best!

Knowledge is Power.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 5:30 PM