• i try to install vista in two ways

1. i tryed to install it from windows xp and do an upgrade

2. i tryed to boot from cd and install

it keeps getting the same error when it try to expend files : 0x8007045D

can some one help me?

Saturday, September 16, 2006 9:58 AM

All replies

• i have the same problem on my Asus-Notebook

can you inform me when you've found a solution?

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 5:54 PM
  • I also have the same problem when trying to Upgrade vrom Beta 2 to Vista RC1, and i also got this error (0x8007001F) my ram is over 1 gig.

Ad first i thought it was a problem with updates, so i updated vista, but that didn't stop the problem, now i think it could be a problem with the image-file.

So my qeustion is: are you all (who are on this forum) using the downloaded image from: http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/rc1/en/download.htm and wich type 32bit or the 64bit version? *(im usen the 32bit ver)

So that's that, please reply or pm me.

Friday, September 22, 2006 2:01 PM
  • maybe the problem is ur Memory !!

u must have 512mb Memory or higher !!

Saturday, September 23, 2006 6:51 PM
  • i am receiving the same error code when i try to install windows vista rc1. i don't think is the memory, coz i got 1.5G of RAM
    Sunday, September 24, 2006 11:44 AM
  • i don't think its a memory problem, i got the same error code even if my memory is 1.5G
    Sunday, September 24, 2006 11:46 AM
  • MS sugessted that we burn the ISO file at the lowest speed. i.e. 2X. I'm going to burn the ISO file again at a slow speed to see if that works.
    Thursday, October 5, 2006 5:03 PM
  • yes, it worked. I burned at the speed of 4X.

Windows Vista installed perfectly.

Saturday, October 7, 2006 1:03 AM
  • I am using the virtual drive option to install the iso files. Everything worked ok all of the files expanded and the system restarted and the upgrade began. I started this last night at 6pm i let it run until about 10pm and then restarted it. I let it run over nite and got up at 6am and it was still on the black screen with the green bars running accross the screen. My question is how can you tell what stage of setup your pc is at or if there is in fact a problem with the install. I ran the advisor and the only suggestions that i got was to uninstall norton antivirus. I have a Dell XPS 700 with over 1g of memory. Has anyone encountered this type of problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Wednesday, January 10, 2007 3:29 PM
  • I am a msdn subscriber and download disk 1-5 installed all disk got to step 3 expanding all files then the system restarted and when it came back up there was a black screen with green bars scrolling across the bottom i let this go on for about 10 hours and then i stopped it. How long should this upgrade install take and how can you tell if there is anything being installed. During the black screen i do not have control of the keyboard. This is supposed to be the final release can we get support from MS on this now and if so what number can we call..

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thursday, January 11, 2007 2:21 PM
  • Try this link, it should help you with the problem.

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=796452&SiteID=17

Friday, January 19, 2007 9:33 PM