none
How do I get rid of the pin requirement to use Windows Hello? RRS feed

• Question

• In order to use the fingerprint scanner that I purchased, I still need to enter my pin. This just adds an extra step without actually helping me in any way. It also looks like I cannot sign into any websites with Windows Hello while using Firefox. If I can't use Windows Hello for anything I bought this for, why does it even exist? What can I do with it besides what I bought it to do (login to Windows, store signins for websites)? Or, alternatively, how do I make this thing function in a way that actually makes me more productive or secure?
    Wednesday, November 28, 2018 5:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Linn42,

Thanks for posting here.

1.In my opinion, when we configure the windows hello to access to windows, we are no longer need pin or password.

please make sure we have set windows hello properly, we can refer to this article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17215/windows-10-what-is-hello

2 If you’ve set up multiple sign-in methods, like a password, a PIN, or Windows Hello, Windows will show those options at the sign-in screen. For Windows Hello to work, you need to select that option. 

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 29, 2018 9:48 AM
  • Hi Linn42,

How things are going there on this issue?
    Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 3, 2018 9:34 AM