Query Based Collection - No Members Showing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We've migrated all our data from 2007, now whether we update the client or do a fresh install via OSD the clients are not appearing in their collections, they show under all systems but don't under their respective query based collections. The collection update time is set to 5 minutes, I've tried manually updating the membership but they're not moving.

Are there any logs or known issues that would help here.

Thanks
    Ben

Friday, August 10, 2012 2:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What database views are you querying?? are there any errors recorded in the Colleval.log file? It could that you are querying a view that actually changed in SCCM 2012.

Can you post the query?

Regards,
    Jörgen  

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Friday, August 10, 2012 5:17 AM
  • They're just simple queries using the built in tools.

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_SYSTEM on SMS_G_System_SYSTEM.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_SYSTEM.Name like "LAP-STU-SPARE%"

They're just based on the computer name. I've deleted them and recreated them with the same results.

The colleval log doesn't show any errors.

Ben

Friday, August 10, 2012 5:48 AM
  • Make sure that the computer objects are member of the collection you have configured as the limited collection.

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund

Friday, August 10, 2012 6:21 AM
  • I've changed to query to use the below and that works. What's wrong with the one above?

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.Name like "LAP-STU-SPARE%"

Friday, August 10, 2012 6:50 AM
  • SMS_G_System is populated by HW inv so your HW inv probably hasn't been submitted by your clients yet or fully processed by the server.

That query above is overkill anyway: why your you do a join just to filter on the system's name. The second one you posted is much more efficient.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Friday, August 10, 2012 1:35 PM