none
Excel 2007 "Hang" issue when copy/pasting. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I have a user, using terminal services from a HP thin client. The server is a Windows server 2008 R2 SP1, Office 2007 SP3. The user is trying to copy from a IBM access session into Excel, sometimes the Excel will hang, an needs to be forcefully closed down using the Task Manager. I have made sure that the IBS Access is using the clipboard function on the server. Other users can copy/paste from this program without any issues. The server is fully updated and the office pack also.

Any suggestions on where to start?

Regards Martin

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Martin,

Thank you for posting in Windows Server Forum.

Thus from your description it seems that particular user is facing the hangs issue, please correct me if there is anything misunderstand from my side.

Does this happens for all Excel file with that user?

Please try with RDP 8.1 for user and check the result. Please check the network connectivity is good. As user is copy pasting from IBM session it can create a little delay with file size or corrupt Excel file. The issue might also appear because the size for Excel sheet would be very high and thus during the logon time it will take a long time to open. Also it may take into hang issue for the users. In addition also check below link for information.

What can cause slow copy and paste in Excel?
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/the_microsoft_excel_support_team_blog/archive/2011/09/08/what-can-cause-slow-copy-and-paste-in-excel.aspx

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
    Dharmesh
    Friday, March 28, 2014 3:51 AM