I am using Micorsoft Word 2010 and recently found that it wont change the font color when displayed. RRS feed

• Question

• However, when it is printed, the changes I make in the document shows the colors....
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 3:44 AM

Answers

• On 2012-02-09 01:00 (GMT+1), LJ Finlen wrote:
    Yes, I have reinstalled office professional 2010 and updated all ....however, nothing has changed. Might add, that when I use shapes and wont to change the font color, it works within that shape, but never anywhere else.

Strange. Since the colors print OK, do they also show up in Backstage view (Ctrl+F2)? Is the behavior the same no matter which color you test?

Note that reinstalling usually does not fix anything (because registry entries and some files will be retained). Repairing Office by running setup from Control Panel is more likely to help.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Thursday, February 9, 2012 7:07 PM

All replies

• On 2012-02-07 04:44 (GMT+1), LJ Finlen wrote:
    However, when it is printed, the changes I make in the document shows the colors....

How are you changing the colors? Please elaborate.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 6:30 PM
  • I use the stanard right click and change the font and font size...etc...also, use the ribbon option...might add that none of the colors will change in any of the office 2010 software...excel...etc.
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 7:30 PM
  • "LJ Finlen" wrote in message news:659eceb0-33e9-4823-9f86-e56e699f1357@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    I use the stanard right click and change the font and font size...etc...also, use the ribbon option...might add that none of the colors will change in any of the office 2010 software...excel...etc.

Since this affects more than one application, have you tried reinstalling or updating the printer driver?

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 12:19 PM
  • Yes, I have reinstalled office professional 2010 and updated all ....however, nothing has changed. Might add, that when I use shapes and wont to change the font color, it works within that shape, but never anywhere else.
    Thursday, February 9, 2012 12:00 AM
  • On 2012-02-09 01:00 (GMT+1), LJ Finlen wrote:
    Yes, I have reinstalled office professional 2010 and updated all ....however, nothing has changed. Might add, that when I use shapes and wont to change the font color, it works within that shape, but never anywhere else.

Strange. Since the colors print OK, do they also show up in Backstage view (Ctrl+F2)? Is the behavior the same no matter which color you test?

Note that reinstalling usually does not fix anything (because registry entries and some files will be retained). Repairing Office by running setup from Control Panel is more likely to help.

Thursday, February 9, 2012 7:07 PM