Ran disk cleanup and now won't boot RRS feed

• Question

• My netbook was working normally but I was running low on space so I decided to run a disk cleanup.  I opted to compress the files as well.  Then I put the netbook to sleep.

Trying to restart this morning, the "Toshiba" screen came up (with access to the boot menu) and immediately after a black screen with the following message appears:

YKNRE    is compressed

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

When I follow the instructions, the same cycle repeats.  This is a nebook without a CD drive.  I am traveling in Iran and am stuck.  I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Aleksandra

Friday, September 23, 2011 6:14 AM

Answers

• Startup Repair

Problems starting up a PC can be tricky to fix, since Windows hasn’t had a chance to load its arsenal of troubleshooting tools. Some people simply give up and reinstall Windows.

Startup Repair can prevent a time-consuming reinstallation by diagnosing and repairing problems that prevent Windows from starting.

Startup Repair is designed to start automatically if Windows detects a startup problem. For more information about using Startup Repair, and what to do if it doesn't start automatically, see Startup Repair: frequently asked questions.

Picture of Startup Repair

Regards,

• Edited by Las D. Rashid Saturday, September 24, 2011 10:00 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Arthur Xie Tuesday, September 27, 2011 3:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Wednesday, September 28, 2011 2:34 AM
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 10:00 AM