none
Site asking for Internet Explorer 5.5+ ... already have explorer 11 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

so I am trying to access a site but keep coming across this message:

"We have detected that your current browser does not support many of the dynamic elements contained in this website. This website requires Internet Explorer 5.5+ to display correctly. Updated versions of Internet Explorer can be installed by clicking on the link below." (and a link to download the latest version of explorer.

However, I already have the latest version installed and still keep getting this message on the site. Anyone have any ideas of what I could do ?

Thanks.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 10:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Before moving on, I would like to confirm some points below.

1. Does this issue occur to all browsers?

2. What is the particular website?

3. Please test the issue by using  IE without add-ons. Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Internet Explorer (with no add-ons).

4. Test the issue under IE 11 with document mode IE 7.

Please let me know the answer in your reply.

To further help you, please capture the error message and post back here, I will try to find the culprit with you.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 5, 2013 4:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

when asking questions about the internet and web browsers please include the full link to the website that is causing problems. that way the support engineers can visit the site and investigate.

In the first instance contact the webmasters of the site in question (usually there is a contact us link at the bottom of each page).

Post consumer questions about IE to http://answers.microsoft.com/ie (Help>Online Support menu from IE).

Regards.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 12:02 AM
  • Hi,

Before moving on, I would like to confirm some points below.

1. Does this issue occur to all browsers?

2. What is the particular website?

3. Please test the issue by using  IE without add-ons. Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Internet Explorer (with no add-ons).

4. Test the issue under IE 11 with document mode IE 7.

Please let me know the answer in your reply.

To further help you, please capture the error message and post back here, I will try to find the culprit with you.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 5, 2013 4:26 PM