Unable to Browse Network Drives When connected via VPN RRS feed

• Question

• I recently installed Windows 7 RC, and have come across the following issue:

I can make a couple of folders offline on say the F and the G network drives, and can access the contents when I am not connected to the network.

However, when I connect via the VPN with my 3G data card, I get a 'X' for all other folders which are not offline. Therefore, I am unable to access these folders or connect to them.

On the other hand I can browse to the other network drives on which I do not have an offline folder.

I can also see that when I am accessing the network drive, the network reads CSC-CACHE and the size of the free space refelects the size and free space of my C drive. The status car on the bottom left hand corner reads: Offline (slow connection)

Any tips or pointers?

Thursday, July 2, 2009 1:51 PM

Answers

• You can configure slow link behavior of Offline Files in Group Policy.

Look for Configure slow-link mode and Configure Slow link speed in Computer Configuration | Administrative Templates | Network | Offline Files

With these policies you can define when your system considers a cached file share online or offline.
    Ray
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, July 24, 2009 6:50 AM
    Thursday, July 2, 2009 8:28 PM