Recreating a removed response group workflow fails with "a user already exists with the sip address.." error RRS feed

• Question

• I created a Respose Group Workflow using the powershell command New-CSRgsWorkFlow. This worked fine. I saw some errors in the Prompts, so I removed the newly created workflow using the Remove-CSRgsWorkFlow. This also worked fine. Now when I try to re-run the powershell command to recreate the Response Group Workflow I received the following error:

New-CsRgsWorkflow : A user already exists with the SIP address "sip:blablabla@blablabla.com".

Any ideas where this sip address is stored? or how I can clear it?

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:38 PM

Answers

• Yes I see the actual contact object in ADUC. Since you can't find them in ADUC try using ADSIEdit. If you look at the Configuration Container then drill down CN=Services,CN=RTC Service, CN=Application Contacts. These application contacts cover more than just the Response Group contacts and they are all listed using their GUID but if you look at the properties of each object you can tell which ones are RG objects and what their display name is. This display name equates to the workflow display name. The SIP address is also part of the object properties.
    • Proposed as answer by ALANMAD Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by ZGA_SysAdmin Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:15 PM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:05 PM

All replies

• The SIP address is associated with a Contact in Active Directory. You can find these contacts using a search in AD Users or Computers or through a tool like ADSIEdit. If you use ADUC then you need to do an advanced search. The easiest method is to then select contact display name and enter the display name of the workflow.
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:05 PM
  • Actually, I've searched AD Users and Computers high and low for references to any of my response groups. I do not see any of them.  Are they in a hidden/system OU?
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:58 PM
  • No they are not hidden. When you do the search though you have to do an Advanced search and make sure you select the "Entire Directory"
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:04 PM
  • Thanks for guidance.. as stated earlier I've search AD high and low (Entire Directory) for any reference to a user account or contact with the name of any of my Response Group Workflows. No results are found. Can you comfirm that you see Response Group Workflows in AD?

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:42 PM
  • Yes I see the actual contact object in ADUC. Since you can't find them in ADUC try using ADSIEdit. If you look at the Configuration Container then drill down CN=Services,CN=RTC Service, CN=Application Contacts. These application contacts cover more than just the Response Group contacts and they are all listed using their GUID but if you look at the properties of each object you can tell which ones are RG objects and what their display name is. This display name equates to the workflow display name. The SIP address is also part of the object properties.
    • Proposed as answer by ALANMAD Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by ZGA_SysAdmin Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:15 PM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:05 PM
  • Thanks you so much.. I found the Application Contacts using ASDI and the orphaned Response Group WorkFlow in the path you suggested.
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:41 PM
  • Just want to give a big thank you for the answer. Helped me bigtime :)

Leroy

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:51 PM