SCVMM 2008 MP with SCOM 2007 SP1 Virtualization Candidates Report Alone does not function RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    Iam using the VMM management pack in SCOM 2007 SP1 and the resport Virtualization Candidates was working fine till I import the DELL managementpack afetr importing the dell MP it is giving the below error and i found in one of the answer saying this a known issue. Can you halp if any work around available for this.

• An error has occurred during report processing.
      • Cannot read the next data row for the data set ProcessorSpeed.
        • Conversion failed when converting the nvarchar value 'Slow' to data type int.
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 5:17 PM

Answers

• If you delete the Dell MP and restart the health service 20 minutes later does it return to normal function?

If the Dell MP is discovering instances of classes that the VMM MP target for discovery, then the VMM discovery script will run on those instances as well, causing the discovery scripts to fail and then exit.  Not sure if this is your case - but that is the most common way that one Mp would break another MP.
    Microsoft Corporation
    • Marked as answer by NTHIRU Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:32 AM
    Monday, February 22, 2010 5:08 PM

All replies

• If you delete the Dell MP and restart the health service 20 minutes later does it return to normal function?

If the Dell MP is discovering instances of classes that the VMM MP target for discovery, then the VMM discovery script will run on those instances as well, causing the discovery scripts to fail and then exit.  Not sure if this is your case - but that is the most common way that one Mp would break another MP.
    Microsoft Corporation
    • Marked as answer by NTHIRU Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:32 AM
    Monday, February 22, 2010 5:08 PM
  • Thanks, your comments helped me, i have done some changes in the report based on the vmm instance, now ny report is working as well as dell MP also working.

THIRU
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:32 AM