Migrate Outlook signatures from Window 7 to windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• We are not upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10, instead pushing a new image of windows 10.

Is there a way that we can migrate the outlook signatures from windows 7 to windows 10?

windows 7 is on outlook 2010

Windows 10 office 2016 ( pro plus)

Currently on prem exchange 2010 is used and there is no hybrid setup.

Can it be done from UEV?

The same is applicable for bookmarks/favorites in IE and chrome i.e is to get them on new machine without the user intervention.

Thanks.

Thursday, February 22, 2018 6:17 PM

Answers

• fixed it by creating a log off script, copy to network location and login script to copy from network location. The only thing is that on outlook 2016, you will have to select signatures for new messages, replies and forwards. 
    • Marked as answer by Raj Gera Tuesday, March 27, 2018 11:12 PM
    Tuesday, March 27, 2018 11:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Raj,

For the signatures check the first 2 steps in this guide https://support.office.com/en-us/article/copy-email-signatures-to-another-computer-4e03286f-2246-4d7d-ae95-a4cc1992595a

For chrome bookmarks check this script https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Migrate-Chrome-Bookmarks-6d0d9e1e

For IE bookmarks you just need to create a .bat that copies "C:\users\%username%\favourites" to the other computer

Regards

Simon

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, February 23, 2018 5:01 AM
    Thursday, February 22, 2018 9:40 PM
  • Hello Simon, 

Thanks for the update. So how do we copy email signatures for more than 1000 users at same time where the windows 7 will be wiped and windows 10 will be installed on same client machine?

The same is applicable for Chrome bookmarks. 

We have fixed the IE bookmarks. 

Thanks, 

Raj

Friday, February 23, 2018 6:06 PM
  • Hi Raj,

According to my research,currently, I'm afraid that there is no option to copy signatures for so many users at same time. Signatures are saved in one user's specific folder. We may have to follow the steps in the link above to manually copy and paste one by one.

You could backup signatures files in a network location and then let users re-download to the signature folder after system upgrading.

As this forum is mainly focused on issues and feedback about Outlook desktop applications, I'm not familiar with whether this is realizable for Chrome. It is suggested to contact Google Support for more details.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, February 28, 2018 6:06 AM
    Monday, February 26, 2018 1:11 AM
  • Hi Raj,

Is my reply helpful to you? If yes, would you mind marking it as answer so that other forum users who are having the same issue here are easily to find the useful reply?

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 6:08 AM
  • Hello Perry, 

Thanks for the response. We want the manual intervention as a last resort. If it is a win 10-win 10, UEV works fine. The issue is with the win 7 - win 10 with outlook 2010 to outlook 2016. 

I was able to make the Chrome book marks work. There are delays in sync  but its happening over a period of time.

Thanks,

Raj 

Saturday, March 10, 2018 12:15 AM
  • fixed it by creating a log off script, copy to network location and login script to copy from network location. The only thing is that on outlook 2016, you will have to select signatures for new messages, replies and forwards. 
    • Marked as answer by Raj Gera Tuesday, March 27, 2018 11:12 PM
    Tuesday, March 27, 2018 11:12 PM