i want make shortcut on site sharepoint 

i web application open form firefox isnt old version and add ons jave run 

iwant to client to press click on shortcut  to open firefox 

like:make link open bing website

Saturday, June 22, 2019 11:17 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Ahmed,

Below article will help you to create shortcut for SharePoint Site in your windows desktop:

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/blogs/create-a-sharepoint-site-shortcut-on-your-windows-desktop

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Saturday, June 22, 2019 10:23 PM
  • hi sharath

i know how make shortcut on desktop 

i mean i have app workin on firefox not workin on any browses 

i want make shortcut on sharepoint site used to open firefox

ex:i can put any website on sharepoint site like shortcut and press click to open new tab 

Sunday, June 23, 2019 8:27 AM
  • You mean create shortcut inside SharePoint document library ?

check this below article for your reference:

http://www.sharepointdiary.com/2012/08/create-shortcut-inside-sharepoint-document-library.html

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

• Marked as answer by Ahmed..Yehia Monday, August 19, 2019 7:41 AM
    Sunday, June 23, 2019 1:55 PM
  • Hi,

To create a shortcut of SharePoint site and force it to open in Firefox, please do as following:

1. Open the SharePoint site of which you want to create a shortcut and copy the site address.

2. On your desktop, right click > New > Shortcut and paste the file location of Firefox on your machine in the input box.

3. Paste your SharePoint site address after the file location and click Next. The link should look like:

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" https://<tenant>.sharepoint.com/

4. Name this shortcut and click Finish. You will see an icon of Firefox on your desktop once it’s done.

Please note that this shortcut only applies to your local machine since the file location of Firefox can be different on another machine. If you want to set this shortcut on a client’s desktop, it needs to be modified on the particular machine.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Proposed as answer by Sara Fan Tuesday, June 25, 2019 9:11 AM
    Monday, June 24, 2019 2:45 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any progress on this issue? 

If you find any replies helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers. 

If you have solved the problem yourself, you can reply the solution and mark it as the answer. 

It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, June 27, 2019 9:33 AM