none
Project Server 2007 - Enterprise Tasks? RRS feed

• Question

• Are there such things as Enterprise Tasks in Project Server 2007 whereby an individual can pick a commonly named task from a picklist rather than typing it in manually?   Seem to me I remember something about a feature like this.   The idea here is to get folks to use the same task name for posting time so that reporting can be done across projects.   If I'm remembering correctly, please point me in the right direction as to where this is setup in the product if you please.

Thanks!
    Andy Novak, PMP, MBA
    University of North Texas

Monday, September 12, 2011 9:58 PM

Answers

• Andy,

If you are looking for standardization of project schedules, you should consider using Enterprise Project Templates. There is no way yo define 'common tasks' that people can just add to their timesheet on their projects.

You can define standard tasks for Administrative Time, but then that would be considered non-project tasks.

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 3:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Andy,

By what I know there is not such feature in Project Server 2007.

Maybe you are referring to tasks assigned to a team. You associate resources to a team in Resource Center. Then you assign tasks to the team in a project that will have these so called "enterprise tasks". Each one of the team members goes to My Tasks view in PWA and they pick the tasks for the team (do not use New Task option) he or she can, want or know how to do and inform progress. The remaining process is the same as for the regular assignments.

I think that is what you are referring to.

I hope this helps.

Best regards, Ricardo Segawa - Segawas Projetos / Microsoft Partner
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 2:16 AM
  • Andy,

If you are looking for standardization of project schedules, you should consider using Enterprise Project Templates. There is no way yo define 'common tasks' that people can just add to their timesheet on their projects.

You can define standard tasks for Administrative Time, but then that would be considered non-project tasks.

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 3:01 AM