none
Hide Project Sites Links from Quick Launch on PWA site RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I made some changes on Server Settings > Navigation Settings > Navigation Editing and Sorting of Project Server (by changing some links and headings) and after applying I saw all Project Sites appearing on Quick Launch as Links.

How can I remove them?

Did I make something wrong?

Regards,

Konstantinos

Manager | IT
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 4:27 PM

Answers

• It's a known issue.  Try turning off the Display Sharepoint Elements option
    in the Server Settings > Quick Launch screen.  Close and reopen your browser
    to see if it worked.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Twitter: @alavinsky
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 5:44 PM

All replies

• It's a known issue.  Try turning off the Display Sharepoint Elements option
    in the Server Settings > Quick Launch screen.  Close and reopen your browser
    to see if it worked.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Twitter: @alavinsky
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 5:44 PM
  • Hello Andrew.

Thank you for your reply.

I cannot see any "Display Sharepoint Elements" option on Server Settings > Quick Launch screen.

I can see only an option named: "Show menu items from Microsoft SharePoint Foundation". I cleared this and reopend the Browser, but I had the same problem.

I'm using EPM 2010.

Regards,

Konstantinos

Manager | IT
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 9:15 AM
  • Dear Andrew,

I found it.

I used these settings:

Expand menu items for:

All sections, but I cleared the selection of  "Show menu items from Microsoft SharePoint Foundation" option.

I restarted the Browser after setting "Current section only" and then back to "All sections" again.

Thank you for your tip.

Regards,

Konstantinos

Manager | IT
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 9:27 AM
  • Andrew, have the same problem, out of nowhere some project sites appear in the Quick Launch bar.

Now, if I disable the feature you mention they disappear, but so does the heading Lists, that I currently use.

I need to find out why the sites appear in the first place as I need the above setting for list and so forth. On a note, i have  test environment which does not show this issue..

Right after installing the project server and up to some point, they were not present. Then all of a sudden they appear...

HELP!!

/Jomannen

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 1:29 PM
  • Hi JoMannen,

You shoud add your List/Library manually !

Choose "New Link" and add your List/Library name & URL !

free image hosting

Thursday, June 9, 2011 9:12 AM
  • Hi All,

yes I also found this 'issue' years ago and first last week an easy solution:

Just call your PWA /_layouts/quiklnch.aspx  and delete all the issues that you don't like. But be aware that you have to do this each time you edit the navigation using your PWA  /_layouts/AreaNavigationSettings.aspx.

To avoid this you may deactivate the Office SharePoint Server Publishing feature. But then you'll loose the ability to display/hide main navigation tabs through permission control. You can't always get waht you want ;-)

Udo

• Proposed as answer by Hoa P Pham Friday, October 12, 2012 9:18 AM
    Friday, September 16, 2011 2:56 PM
  • Thanks Udo, that's a great trick.  Would you be cool if i threw that into a blog post and attributed you?

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky
    Friday, September 16, 2011 3:07 PM
  • Hi Andrew,

of course I agree if this helps others.

Udo

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 9:03 AM
  • You save my time, GCudo. Many thanks! I had tried to make it works thousand times desperately.
    • Edited by Hoa P Pham Friday, October 19, 2012 2:34 AM
    Friday, October 12, 2012 9:20 AM