Does anyone have a copy of SharePoint Foundation 2010 - original version with no Service Packs? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I really hope someone can help.

I need a copy of SharePoint Foundation 2010 - original version with no Service Packs. Or a version with SP1. I can only find the version with SP2 online and the SharePoint databases I need to restore are at SP1 level. This is for a client's old server which has had a RAID backplane + drive failure and I don't have the original install media for SharePoint Foundation.

Please help if you can.

Many thanks

Mark

• Edited by Mark__V Tuesday, March 24, 2020 12:46 PM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2020 12:45 PM

All replies

• SharePoint Foundation 2010 with SP1 or no service pack link is no longer available for downloading. You have to start off with a new farm and new data as it is also not supported to migrate the data from pre-RTM versions of SharePoint.

So you should be installing SP2. SP1 is no longer supported by Microsoft.

Microsoft only provides slipstreamed versions of SP2 for SharePoint Foundation.

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 3:30 AM
  • Thanks for the response.

The problem I have is that my client has data in SharePoint but I can't restore it to SharePoint Foundation with SP2. I have SQL Server Express 2012 installed and the SharePoint databases have been restored from backup. I just can't get them to open in SharePoint itself.

Moving forward we will be scrapping on-premise SharePoint and moving the data to the cloud ONCE we have the SharePoint site back. The whole aim of this is to get the SharePoint site up and running and then consider the best migration path to SharePoint online. 

I have tried SharePoint Foundation with SP2 but there is a version conflict. Furthermore as I understand it I can't upgrade the databases from a SP1 version (14.0.6029.1000) to a SP2 version (14.0.7015.1000). If I could upgrade the databases and then use SharePoint Foundation with SP2 that would be absolutely fine.

So essentially I need either…

1. A copy of SharePoint Foundation with no Service Packs – if anyone has a copy please let me know
    2. An upgrade path from the current database to a database that works with SP2

Any further help would be much appreciated. 

Many thanks

Mark

• Edited by Mark__V Wednesday, March 25, 2020 8:09 AM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2020 8:08 AM