none
Timesheet issues RRS feed

• Question

• What should I do to find out if or if not the timesheet is absolutely fine.

when i talk about the timesheets being absolutely fine or not, i am talking about the timesheets that we are not able to approve. I think that can be the only determiner to figure out whether or not the timesheet is absolutely fine. what else?

So I was wondering if, a person, who does not know lots about Microsoft project server, project web application, project professional 2010 etc etc, can or cannot, easily take a look, at the timesheet, and recognize if or if not, the time has been submitted correctly and there will not be a lot of error messages right after the user submits the time or right at the moment the timesheet is being approved

My concern is how do i find out what in a certain timesheet causes the issue.

what are the probable things that go wrong while entering the time or while submitting the time.

how to access the timesheet of others and recall it on their behalf in case they are not available due to some personal reasons.

Should the faulty timesheets be deleted.

If yes, who will create the new timesheet and who will determine how much time to enter in the timesheet and how a timesheet is created.

The summary of my question is - what is the procedure to delete a timesheet it and recreate it, we have to do this on behalf of someone else.

Friday, December 20, 2013 11:44 AM

All replies

• You can use delegation and create, fill, submit, recreate and recall.

If you have your server up to date with MS project server CU and your users have some basic idea about Timesheet you will not face issues. Though sometimes you can face some issues related to assignment UID and task UID as user fills actual for some task or assignment and later point of time PM delete those task but User and filed actual against task then user can face some issue while submitting the timesheet or Pm can face issue while approving it.

Sometime user fill actual for different different task of  different different  project some of status manger approve it some doesnt because of this you will see timesheet waiting for approval or in sbumitted mode. In this case identifing what is happening and why is bit tough for User as well as admin.

You can create some good report in either excel or SSRS which will help you to understand what is happening and where is happening.

You can Use delegation to see other timesheet you can delete, recreate and fill timesheet via delegation. once you done with all activity you can delete delegate session.You can do it for any user in Project server.

kirtesh

Friday, December 20, 2013 1:23 PM
  • Hi A-K-J,

In addition to the excellent advice provided by Kirtesh, I'd mention that:

• as administrator of the PS2010 solution, you can delete timesheets by period,
    • talking about the process, deleting a given timesheet must not happened, since a resource has entered actual values on an assignment. It should only be approved, recalled or rejected,
    • you don't delete but RECALL a timesheet from the "manage timesheet" link
    • the delegation is a powerful feature that allows starting a session for a user that cannot submit or recall his timesheet

Here is a MSDN article about delegation:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/project/archive/2010/03/19/project-2010-introducing-delegates.aspx

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Friday, December 20, 2013 1:50 PM
  • Thank you
    Friday, December 27, 2013 6:01 AM
  • Thank u.
    Friday, December 27, 2013 6:01 AM