Excluding Domain Controllers from Replication Monitoring? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,
    In our enviroment we have several domain controllers that are all replicating to each other and it works fine.

But we also have one domain controller that dont have a OpsMgr Agent and is right now tested for Desktop Virtualization so its turned off for several hours now and then. When this is done another Domain Controller is alerting on "AD Replication Partner Op Master Consistency" that it cannot replicate with the turned off DC.

I would like to know if anyone knows if its possible to exclude a this test-domain controller from Replication Monitoring, so the other DC's dont monitor the Replication Traffic to just this DC.

If i override this monitor, this DC that is alerting will not monitor ANY replication traffic and i dont want that.

Anyone?

/Maekee
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 1:02 PM

Answers

• when you don't have an agent it's pretty straight forward. You can set an override to monitor only DC's with agents installed. it requires powershell to be installed on the rms though. it's all in the admin guide for this mp.

That said, please also vote for a complete redesign of the mp on connect.microsoft.com. Because instead of computer based monitoring of AD we want object based monitoring.

Rob Korving
    http://jama00.wordpress.com/
    • Marked as answer by Maekee Thursday, February 17, 2011 3:40 PM
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 9:58 AM
  • That was that easy.. did the override to only monitor DC's with an Agent.

Hope this works for me

/Maekee
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Wednesday, February 23, 2011 3:10 AM
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 3:40 PM

All replies

• when you don't have an agent it's pretty straight forward. You can set an override to monitor only DC's with agents installed. it requires powershell to be installed on the rms though. it's all in the admin guide for this mp.

That said, please also vote for a complete redesign of the mp on connect.microsoft.com. Because instead of computer based monitoring of AD we want object based monitoring.

Rob Korving
    http://jama00.wordpress.com/
    • Marked as answer by Maekee Thursday, February 17, 2011 3:40 PM
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 9:58 AM
  • That was that easy.. did the override to only monitor DC's with an Agent.

Hope this works for me

/Maekee
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Wednesday, February 23, 2011 3:10 AM
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 3:40 PM
  • Do you know if its possible to do the same for Configuration Manager Servers.
    Dont find any similar information about that.
    /Maekee
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 4:30 PM