AppV 5 Database Growth & active sessions RRS feed

• Question

• for upcoming project I've been asked to estimate the database growth.
    been all over the TechNet documentation, yet.. there's no info about the Database growth
    also, I need to know how much active sessions are being used to the sql while using app-v
    if someone could provide any information about these, it'll be very helpful

Thanks.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 9:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

If you choose to not implement the reporting functionality, there is no additional information written into the database apart from the package information you import.

If you choose to implement the reporting functionality, there is no know information regarding this to this day. I suggest you run a proof a concept to make a valid estimate on how your environment may be impacted.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 9:45 AM
  • Active sessions don't cause writes to SQL, it's only used to store configuration information about published applications.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 10:10 AM
  • Thank you znack.
    do you know any technical info about the size of the information being written?

for example, App-V 4.5 goes by the following growth:
    Importing Package: Largest - 16,372 bytes
    New App-V Client: Largest - 1,160 bytes
    Launching an App: Largest -
    4,546 bytes
    Publishing refresh: Largest -
    1,789 bytes

Thanks.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:18 AM
  • Hello,
    No, such numbers are not released.

I suggest you run a proof a concept to make a valid estimate on how your environment may be impacted.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 8:23 PM